I Might Need a Bodyguard in AO

I know this sounds ridiculous, but as the title says, I need someone to help protect me, specifically from players, particularly when I need to go do data gathering work, as copying down loads of text manually leaves me vulnerable and also requires extensive playtime and sailing from place to place. This won’t be all the time, just at certain points. I may not even use this, but I just want to set this up in case.

I don’t enjoy pvp, my device can get extremely laggy in combat, and I can’t always escape combat situations. As such, I need help fending off bounty hunters or RKers while I gather game information for these documents.

Here’s how it’ll work: When I need to play for a longer session to gather stuff, I’ll notify all the people who signed up as well as state the approximate play time I’ll stay on for. When one or two join my server, I’ll update the reply by saying it’s closed. You don’t really have to follow me around, just form a team with me, and I’ll tell you when someone is attacking me. If nothing happens, you’re free to do what you want.

To sign up for this, vote on the poll below so I know who to notify.

Apologies if this sounds ridiculous, but I’m just sick and tired of people jumping and attacking me out of nowhere. I have no problem doing a consented pvp match but being suddenly attacked is just painful. There is literally no way for me to win, especially when the opponent has an advantage.

0 voters

1 Like

unfortunately, I can’t play now, but when I can (soon hopefully) and I finish up my speedblitz plasma warlock, I’ll be more than happy to chill with you and be your bodyguard.

1 Like

“Just get better at pvp”

1 Like

Don’t worry, I won’t really need it today.
I’ll notify you on this post when I need the help (likely tomorrow)

Bro is treating this guy like hes his child :skull:

Wow, I’m being blamed for being unskilled at an aspect of the game that I don’t enjoy and don’t actively participate in.

why’d you have to make it weird blud :fr:

Just get good at that part of the game, of course people are gonna jump you if you don’t know how to pvp for rewards like your galleons

You know, you could just become a neutral rep too @Catean that could help

that way people wouldn’t really care to hunt you

Staying neutral is kinda annoying though

Yeah, I know. I have a file for that, so I can use that when I need to.
But I have 400k rep on my main, and I’ve been hunting rivals to try and upgrade my deckhand for a while.

Oh by the way @DubiousLittleTyp0 , which rep type is the file you’re going to use?
I’ll likely need a negative one to stop executions when checking bounty NPC accessories unless I use my own negative file.

oh rip I’m a positive/neutral rep

It’s fine, I can use my negative file for that part.
Most of the stuff I need doesn’t matter what rep anyways, it’s recording text from the names of stuff

1 Like

oh alright

are u max btw? since you gotta to sorta be able to defend yourself

Yeah, maxed on all my files (haven’t awakened on my mage, but that’s the neutral file I use for things like checking tailors)

alright cool

Man I’m worried I might not be a super good bodyguard tho like I’m prob gonna be so rusty at pvp

9/10 times nobody attacks me, just the occasional toxic person randomly shows up and tries to kill me sometimes and it really ruins everything.

My positive rep file is ice conjurer, my negative is wind/boxing

1 Like

My file is gonna be plasma/boxing

(I know that sounds awful but please let me cook I am a speedlock)

1 Like

I don’t see any issue with that, it really doesn’t matter what build you have
Then again I am by no means that knowledgeable about this game’s meta