I tried Grand Piece online again

I am done with this game forever. Before I begin talking about the things I don’t like, I’ll name a few things that I do like.

• Melee combat is actually pretty good. It’s not perfect, but it feels pretty nice to play.
  • The devil fruits are cool.

That’s about it. Now, it’s time to trash on the game.

• The game starts way too slowly. I don’t like repeatedly throwing myself at enemies just so I can eventually get something new at some point in the future.
  • Despite all the praise it gets for its graphics, I’d say it looks bad. Here’s why:
  1. The bloom and depth of field effects are ugly as hell.
  2. The game lacks any sort of visual consistency or art direction. Each part of the game stands well on its own, but they don’t work together. (For example, the UI has no theme. Each part of it was created without the UI as a whole in mind.)
  • The game has an omnipresent sense of unprofessionalism. Phoeyu named the area the game is set in after himself. A bunch of the dialog is written in his stupid-ass style of typing. There are even some typos.
  • The stupid gamepasses are stupid.
  • I don’t even get to have the cool powers unless I kill enemies for 5 hours first.
  • Sometimes enemies will just decide to damage me even though I’m blocking

That’s not even everything.

1 Like

Laughs in poor I don’t have such weaknesses :sunglasses:

But that’s what makes it gud.
Best Shitpost Dev no cap.

Have you seen Phoeyu’s announcements in the discord server fr

Phoeyu’s entire Roblox avatar is a shitpost

This post is in Update Logs:

Well I don’t like it. It’s fucking obnoxious.

I think you’re actual problem is the lack of tutorial and it doesn’t exactly directly point you to next directions past the first 3 islands

You’re actually suppose to buy a gun at the very start of the game after you get 1k peli, if you fisted all the bandits at the very beginning, tough luck since it should take under half an hour to hit level 10 and then go to Sandora, at Sandora you’re suppose to block the bullets and interrupt them with attacks, then you go to shell’s town where you begin facing multiple types of enemies, etc.

Here’s what level you should be going to each island to level up relatively quick

Starter Island - 0 - 10
Sandora - 10 - 20
Shells Town - 20 - 30
Zou Island - 30 - 40
Baratie - 40 - 60
Sphinx Island - 60 - 80
Arlong Park - 80 - 105
Sky District 2 - 105 - 120
Sky Castle - 120 - 160
Gravitos Fort - 160 - 190
Fishman Island - 190 - 215
Marine Ford - 215 - 260
Elo’s Island - 260 - 325

It has a brighter generic theme

Some moves block break, that’s why dodging exists

You can get Rocku/Black Leg/1SS very early on, you just won’t have all the skills of it immediately but shit like sky walk still helps

Game passes are fine

A lot of people like it

i mainly have 2 problems with it first one is that to get demon step you need to do burn dmg which i cant do without demon step or a flame fruit another is that the bosses are too hard for the level you can do them.

They’re meant to be fought with friends but that’s worse

Burn Bazooka

yeah except my friends are lower level than me and hardly play

only like level 80 so itll be a while before i can get it

Then that’s probably why you won’t be getting demon step anytime soon

yeah sadly

Pay to win (locking 2 entire classes to two 1% races)

Fishman is 5% and becomes useless if you get a devil fruit other than fishman combat

Mink is 5% and only gives 5% more stamina and mink combat if you want it but it’s not even that good, demon leg is better

Skypian is 15% and makes you able to glide and cuts your fall damage in half but gliding isn’t even that useful

Human is 75%

Honestly the way I did it was just let Captain Zeke use his fire moves on me whilst he was on the other side of a wall. If you don’t have a logia then it should take around 10 minutes but if you do then it might take slightly more.

You forgot one major point that I believe brings down the game.
At release, all music in the game was loud and hear-able, much like all other games which added a nice unique feeling to each and every island. Heres the problem, phoeyu owned NONE of the music used in GPO, meaning that anybody recording footage of the game onto YouTube would get striked.
Now the music in GPO is so silent so you’ve got to strain yourself and really focus to hear it. It feels like an insult to instead of just removing or changing the music to keeping the music and adding more each update but keeping it so low so you literally can barely hear it.

Really? I never really focused on the music that much so I never thought of it as an isssue, my main issue is drop rates though, Phoeyu has made the majority of drops 1% and it’s obnoxious considering how you can’f even solo the majority and it takes a while just to beat one

I actually agree with grandnec that the game starts off extremely slowly, after making three different accounts I can confidently say that the beginning of the game is abyssmally slow and tedious with major amounts of grinding.

NPC attacking is still very janky but overall I dont fully agree with what grandnec said here.

Id agree if it wasnt for the fact that devil fruit bag almost completely locks you out from trading. Also if race-reroll counts as gamepass, they are completely and utterly horrendous. Phoeyu couldnt even give a single free reroll at the start of the game :fr:
Also also, if you join marines you will be locked from spawning at certain islands and you wont be able to join crews unless you pay 5 robux to leave.

Fishman is one of the best races for almost all fruits except magu and hie :fr:

and also, mink combat is pretty good, demon step is defenitively not better.