I went overboard with one of my character's powers

Well, a fever is a high temperature, so if it’s just returning the body to normal temperature, then it’s not technically a fever. I thought what you meant by “induce a fever” was to make the body act as during a fever, but what I meant was that it’d probably already be doing that. Now, if you’re saying life magic can enhance that fever-behavior, then that’s relatively believable unless you say that you’d be able to do it on a person with a healthy temperature

Here’s how I see it:
As long as the person isn’t brain dead, they can be fully healed with life magic as if nothing happened to them.
Like I said earlier, if it can’t do that, then what makes it different from healing magic?

I was trying to get at the manner in which life magic would heal the person and then say that if it was that the life magic would unfreeze the part, and return it to normal, then the OP’s logic would extrapolate it into something like that life magic has full heat manipulation and can generate flames. I’ll admit it’s not the best analogy

I’d think of it instead like the old horrible broken beyond repair tissue is just absorbed by the body again while the life magic replaces it to both reduce how much energy is needed to regenerate the lost/damaged part(s) and get them out of the way.

that person is kinda fucked if their body is frozen, takes a lot of energy to warm shit up

no, the closest thing to heat manipulation is fevers

magic can make some shit go overboard

i guess thats gonna be the resurrection rule? well the target can be resurrection in at most ~2 minutes after their death

maybe resurrection is so hard to do that Seleriki never does it/only does it once?

there is at least 1 protagonist with lightning magic… but they’re incompetent af (school rebel who has shit grades)

1 Like

she (Shira) could try that

A new analogy:
life magic → chemical magic because life can produce chemicals
so
life magic → lightning magic because many animals including humans can generate electricity and rely on it to survive

The best way to nerf the character is to stick to the life magic that was on the trello. If you want to instead define life magic as “magic that can create and manipulate life” then even that wouldn’t extend to chemical magic

I have no idea what to do now

I can give you some ideas for things she could do with healing that don’t require anything else but the ability to heal

i guess i would like

idk if i should give life magic lightning magic, theres already a lightning element in the story

what should life magic have (chemical/lightning)
  • Chemical Magic Only
  • Chemical Magic + Lightning Magic
  • None

0 voters

1 Like

just let her heal stuff man idk you didnt even listen to my idea at the start :frcryin:

OR just take away chemical magic, which, in turn, would get rid of system disruption, disease manipulation, memory manipulation and emotion manipulation (since they are all pretty much subclasses of chemical magic) and you could keep resurrection as long as its for a very important moment in the story

• Train strength and/or weapons faster. In WoM and AA, health can be used as a substitute for stamina when the user is trying to do something they don’t have enough stamina for. If she is able to replenish her health or other peoples’ quickly, then she can allow herself or them to train longer and more intensely than their stamina would normally enable them to
  • Temporarily survive high insanity

Highly speculative:

• Drink an invisibility potion, then carve a weapon out of your bones and regrow them. You may have a temporarily invisible weapon
  • If magic pollution is caused by magic, then healing yourself repeatedly might eventually cause magic pollution to accumulate in you
  • You might be able to choose what parts to heal and what parts not to heal. For example, if you got shipwrecked, and also lost most of your body, if you wanted to make yourself more buoyant in the water, you might be able to regenerate the lighter parts and essentials (fat, brain, heart, lungs) without regenerating the heavier non-essentials (surplus muscle, most bones)

i might keep chemical magic limited: can only manipulate preexisting

disease manipulation: she needs to take a disease (only works if caused by a pathogen) from someone
resurrection: the person mustve died under ~2 minutes ago or she cant resurrect
no system disruption?

ok whatever