I went overboard with one of my character's powers

Is that possible? I think the body would already be doing everything possible to heat itself up if a part was freezing

if it’s magic it could probably go beyond a normal fever while keeping you alive

Sever the limb and grow it back.
I mean you aren’t telling me life magic stops at being able to heal damage that could already be healed naturally.
If that was the case, what would be the difference from healing magic?

Taxonomy is the classification of organisms, and there are certain “taxons” or, well, classifications of organisms. A kingdom is the highest taxon because it’s the least specific and the most general classification, and so includes many, many organisms. There are five kingdoms, those being:

• Animalia
  • Plantae
  • Fungi
  • Protista
  • Monera

Taxons below “kingdom” become progressively more specific as they go on and thus include less and less organisms. The taxons below “kingdom” that become progressively more specific are:

• Phylum
  • Class
  • Order
  • Family
  • Genus
  • Species

…in that respective order from top to bottom.

when you really think about it, isn’t acid in a way life manipulation?

like primordial soup is mostly amino acids right?

PRIMORIDAL SOUP???

acid is in a way life manipulation, as long as the acid you’re trying to magically use is naturally created by at least 1 species

acid kinda cracked now that I think more about it

you literally can just make people’s stomachs burst and kill them internally

and xenomorphs become puppets to you (their blood is highly corrosive acid)

Make her go through a character development arc and make her give up those abilities for a good reason

Those abilities can be later used on some sort of antagonist later so this would be a great opportunity foreshadowing some future event

maybe she doesnt realize her full potential until late in the story?

current nerf ideas:

1. she needs the target’s dna to do some bodily modifications
  2. she hates biology/doesnt realize life magic’s full potential until late in the story
    2.1. chemical manipulation will only be discovered late because no past generation (of chosen heroes) knows this (people from the 1400s/15th century couldntve discover shit like dopamine/oxytocin/adrenaline/amino acids)
  3. resurrection: she needs to be QUICK (before body decays)

To be fair, wizards in the AU (excluding curse users) can only manipulate or control the element they create, so acid-wizards or acid users wouldn’t be able to make people burst in R-rated fashion.

(also, morals)

(then again this isn’t rly AU related so idk what i’m talking about lol)

acid curse :troller:

hambrugr

perhaps.

Is acid powers Stronger than shadow powers???

dark matter actually is hypothesized to be extremely dangerous with a human body.

so by this logic they’re kinda similar

:man_shrugging:

maybe it could make a black hole…?

bruhhaps.

conceptual acid tho…

Who said it was a limb? If you stuck an arcanium rod into someone, and then froze part of their insides but left most of the exterior alone, generating new body parts there would just kill them. No, I’m not saying that, I was trying to make an analogy with the OP’s logic