If you could travel back in time, would you?

You would create a closed loop, and then comes the who even killed your newborn self if you wont even exist.

1 Like

better to manipulate time

i just wanna go back like ten years so i can stop funny stuff from happening
and then maybe try to change some things so my present life is more favorable

Depending on the way you see time travel, time travel doesn’t affect the timeline at all.

If you start seeing time not as a thing that moves forward but as a single object with a timeline (like a ball/rope for instance. There’s no given starting point, you can look at it from anywhere you want), then any action that you take while time traveling will not produce dire effects in the time line strictly because you never observed any before entering in the time-machine-thingy.

That is to say, when you look at time as an object that neither goes forwards nor backwards, then the future is equally as certain as the past. Just as your present actions affect the past, your future actions cannot affect the present or past at all, and your present actions cannot truly affect the future in the sense that in this timeline everything that would’ve occurred in the future would’ve occurred. And by everything, I mean everything. Yes, if you were to decide to bypass this, it would be impossible because not only do you not know what the future is, whatever you do was fated anyway, and so you averted nothing.

We as human beings are simply restricted to looking at time through a singular perspective.

Basically, if you went inside a time machine, nothing would happen because you entering the time machine was already going to happen anyway, and if any changes would’ve been caused by your entering it, you have already experienced it.

Yes, anything that happened in your past that was as a result of you entering the time machine is held constant because the event is fated to be explained in the future by the time travelling incident anyway. The butterfly effect doesn’t make sense when looking at time from this lens.

1 Like

yes i would i would go back in time BEFORE corona happend and would get a shotgun and kill all the bats in china

I understood none of that but i’m sure it made lots of sense

:nod:

And I’ll ban joe mama

there will always be more

“Lobe finned fish liked that”

1 Like

2 Likes

hitler was a figurehead before he got elected so steering him away from becoming fuhrer wouldn’t have done much cuz nazi party would have prob still won. idk maybe WW2 and nazi germany would have been worse than it was in our timeline considering how much of an incompetent dumbass hitler was

i would travel back in time multiple times
as long as i get personal benefit i don’t care about anything else

alright im fine with it

You see,

I just proofed time travel works :sunglasses:

I would when I’m really old just for the fun or else I would hide it and stuff

also time travel is too complicated for me to NOT try to solve when I use it cuz too many dang questions

If one were to travel back in time to solve an issue, then society would exist without that issue meaning that there would be no need for anyone to go back in time to solve that issue (since it wouldn’t exist), which allows said issue to return in the past (because no one went back in time to solve that issue), reverting the timeline back into what it was.

Essentially, the timeline will remain unchanged despite time travel.

Time travel’s too complicated lmao

Won’t be invented anytime soon. Even if it is, we have no idea how it would actually work.

… it would change the past into when the issue was solved so we would have no need for time traveling but in that timeline the issue was already solved so it wont remain unchanged

@BBII @Tenshi
Both of you are correct depending on what the logic is to time travel. Since time travel doesn’t exist, there is no “correct” way of thinking about it. Thus, different interpretations of how it works can be correct. I recommend watching this youtube video if you have the free time.

1 Like

im a coward

1 Like