I'm not on board with this

I'm not on board with this https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/6/7/675ac72ab5d4c4bd6a495e125688b383e63f6f72.png
effort 3.444444444444445 9 quality 2.666666666666667 9 reasonability 2.6 10

so the next update will have the brig a VERY powerful ship (for a fair price of 20K get grinding lads)
mean just look at their stats
for the most part, I don’t really have a problem with it (besides there being no unlock level)
what I do have a problem with is there is no gap ship. as 20,000 is ALOT of money for most players even more so if a player doesn’t have a way to store money (i know alts are a thing)

going deeper with my side problem :3

as so far it goes from
Rowboat: 0
Sailboat: 300 a N/A% increase
Caravel: 1,250 a 416% increase
Ketch: 3,000 a 250% increase
and with the new brig, with 20,000 a 666% increase

why I’m am I pointing this out?
it kind of going to make it VERY easy for late-game players to ruin other players in Ketch and Caravel (also sailboats)
to compare here are the stats of the brig vs Ketch

Ketch
brig

and there lies the problem the fastest way to gain money is to sail a player with a brig can very easily lock down the whole sea with the right deckhands and builds
because they have more slots than any other ship with 4 Deckhands

on top of that they are going to have a new siege weapon

so while the price is fair the gap is not
there NEEDS TO BE A GAP SHIP at around 7500 gallons that can act somewhat like the sailboat to rowboat and Caravel

but the main problem i have is that I REALLY dislike this a lot
I don’t know why
it just feels not right to get this so early into the game without a downside
but I also get why: so would like to ask that all of them take time to use based on your skill in each “job” as well as “charges” (also based on your skill) that get used up each time you use one of the “job tables” and recharged over time when near towns (not islands)

so there is still a point to using the land-based “job tables” for making large amounts of items the ship “job tables” (in my personal opinion) should be as back up something you use forgot to make a potion you needed or ran out of food

something like this

(the queue is based on the rarity IE if the next time in the queue is rare it will be blue on the queue)
(top part is charges white is unused red is used black/blank is locked)
(the number in the “()” is time left)

3 Likes

is vetex trying to tell us something

3 Likes

the point of this powerful ship is because of the dark sea, the reason why it’s so powerful is to survive in there, that’s why we get the three crafting stations and all the stats

8 Likes

Nah, but I would like for cabin customization to only allow one of the three with brig, and then the number increases as ships get better so for example a galleon has 3 pots while a frigate has 2 pots

i don’t have a problem with the power i have a problem with it just devalues preparing for the dark sea IE you don’t have to worry about making potions or food before going in as you can make as many item as you want in the dark sea

i never said anything about it being too powerful i think it’s fair for it’s price of 20K

why the heck do you need 3 potion pots?

At level 120 every fair enchanted amulet and arcsphere are worth 666 as well

1 Like

Lets automatically round up everything to 700% then.

funni

20k is an insane amount of galleons, i wish it was lowered by like half with the features on the ship lowered accordingly. Even if it’s somehow a fair price grinding for that much money is going to get boring real fast. I’m not a huge fan of locking the replayable part of the game behind an insane grind.

About the nerf to portable job tables, i think it has a bit of merit but I think portable job tables are fine depending on how important potions and food will be in the Dark Sea. If food or potions are important for the dark sea then adding portable job tables ruins the opportunity to make these tables important resources to consider when sailing around (basically if you had to consider job tables when choosing an island in the dark then it might be fun, but it depends on what Vetex wants). But that might not matter since you can prepare an infinite amount of food or potions before going in anyways.

2 Likes

Maybe the Dark seas could be a very profitable place to make money so maybe it won’t be that bad but who knows

I’m guessing the closer parts of the dark sea won’t really require the brig, and morso just powerful for long trips

20k isn’t an insane amount of galleons for how strong the ship is the problem
I have is that isn’t a bridge connecting Ketch to the brig

Mf I mean three of the crafting pots like cooking, brewing, and jewelcrafting respectfully.

For example while customizing cabin for brig you can choose ONE of the three choices being cooking, brewing, and jewelcrafting. Frigate would get TWO of the three while Galleon+ gets all of them (obviously some nuanced ships won’t have it but yk what I mean)

20k is a fair price but I don’t think it would be fun grinding for that much; I’ve only seen Youtubers with that much money. I think a middle-high ground would be good with some features removed. You can always remove some of the benefits and make the player buy them later on, such as for the siege weapons (whatever they are) and portable job tables. I think this would be better because the total price stays the same but you don’t have to buy it all at once, making it more accessible.

oh that is what you mean yea
i agree it’s the same idea different execution

I see no reason at all to limit the portable job tables.
Sure you can argue “but then you’ll be able to make food and potions while you’re in the dark seas” but also who cares, its not like there’s limited inventory space for food/potions.

There is literally 0 difference from me stocking up on 230958 potions and food compared to making 230958 potions and food in the dark seas.

2 Likes

The thing is, I feel like the Brig is basically a necessity for the upcoming update. It’s the dark sea, which will be treacherous. We’re gonna need that 7k base hp, and high stability because it’s gonna constantly be be treacherous and rough seas.

I’d say we’re better off having the portable cooking pot, gem table and brewing cauldron because in the case that you do find yourself in a tight situation with no food nor the right potions it at least gives you a chance of survival. When you’re in the dark sea for large amount of times you’re bound to run low on resources eventually, and it would be incredibly annoying if there was nothing you could do to ameliorate that situation

7 Likes

Yes, it’s much better than the ketch. But we’re starting to get to the point where the increase in ship stats is no longer incremental; The frigate will probably be much better than the Brig, and the Galleon much better than that. Vetex has mentioned that around up to the Galleon shops will have mostly linear improvements before hoter more niche ships start being introduced, this being the first clear example of that. As the game goes on ship combat will become even more grand, and probably have a more heavy focus, so it’ll be important to invest heavily into them

I never said I had a problem with it being better than the Ketch I have a problem with the price you have to save more than 500% more money than the Ketch without a middle/gap ship for it