I'm pretty worried about new players not knowing weapon customization

Ok so basically, I’m worried about new players and players that doesn’t know the weapon customization either because they don’t read the development log or returning after sometimes.

I’ve meet like many players doesn’t know that weapon customization and I have to explained them how to do so, I recently met a player who is done the bronze sea storyline and leveling up for awakening, doesn’t know that they can customize their weapons, it’s pretty worrying, for me atleast, that an important mechanic for weapon user isn’t being taught to (to my knowledge)

Maybe have an NPC that give a quest that teach about weapon customization in frostmill? Like the cook on redwake and brew guy at sailor lodge

Maybe I’m worrying too much and players can discover it on their own but still…

3 Likes

yea we’ll be fine

Atleast have like an NPC that teach it…

1 Like

do feel like arcane odyssey has a problem of not explaining new mechanics added properly

like for example is there a good explanation on what reflex dodge is and where to get it in-game even?

5 Likes

Honestly I think it’s fine to let people find that for themselves. It rewards exploration

maybe vetex should add this as one of the loading screen/popup tips
that way people who use weapons will know about it, but people who don’t use weapons aren’t forced to customise a weapon

Kinda… weapon customization seems… Idk, Very duper important for weapon users, it need to be taught to them as early as possible, like idk a quest, not a tutorial quest but rather a normal quest, like the cook in Redwake and the brew guy at sailor lodge.

Imagine not knowing a feature where you can put other skills from other weapon into another one like Katana moves into greatsword.

I agree with the weapons thing. I was just saying that finding the dodge reflex teacher is a cool reward for exploration.

for the love of god just add an ingame book for tips and more detailed mechanics, call it the adventurer’s / explorer’s / seafarer’s guide or something

dude.
i met this guy
who had a min hp sailboat who was trying to get to shell from windrow (awakening quest)
first file
and sent ME galleons while i was in the dark sea
while he clearly needed it
he is starving, constantly taking dmg
wants to be a conjurer but is a mage
doesnt know how to cook
doesnt know how the hunger system works
DOESNT KNOW ABOUT FOODS
SAYS HIS SO CALLED ‘FRIEND’ WAS ONLY GOING TO HELP HIM IN EXCHANGE FOR ROBUX
HIS ‘FRIEND’ LITERALLY SCAMMED HIM AND LEARNED HIM THE WAYS NOT TO PLAY
JESUS CHRIST WHY IS GEN A SO STUPID

At that point just scam him, he’s too stupid to understand anyway

he’s got nothing useful on him
oh i forgot to mention he wants to be a hero but has like 10k bounty

Ok, what the actual fuck.

Did you atleast friend him? Because god damn, I want to help this guy.

I genuinely like helping people in this game, I want people to enjoy this because this game is such a gem.

Please, tell me his username, I want to friend him and tech him about this game.

Please for the love god, did you atleast remember his username

what a specimen!

…no

imo you should be able to get reflex early at 120 then get it as part of the story at around level 200

Yeah add a tutorial quest at Cirrus Island that comes after defeating Elius, just like the “craft a jewel” and “brew a potion” tutorial quests

for some things maybe, but you still have to give some tips for that atleast.

reflex dodge is highly important

boooo imagine being a bad person to other people instead of being a good person and helping them understand the game you like so that they too can enjoy it.

why you complaining about gen a when they only get abused by people like you and not helped out and taught

stinky-stink-781155941