Imo,AO should have separate pve and pvp servers

Pvp players will fight people that also want to fight, and pve players will play with people that also want pve, its that simple
Just remove fame,bounty and infamy gain, maybe add a cap to it?

7 Likes

Feel free to add why you agree or disagree and what you would do to adjust pvp and pve servers

no.

15 Likes

Beans has spoken

you heard the man

4 Likes

My ass delaying the update because someone wants to play only pve or pvp

could be done easily but mods want to gatekeep elysium for some reason

6 Likes

i should crush your skull for saying that

it’s never gonna happen, stop making posts about it, its unreasonable and too many problems comes with it such as leaderboards player hiding in pve server only, or “pve” players joining a pvp server to hunt a lb player and go back to hide in the pve server, i’m sure you guys have “solutions” but having 50 different rules to enter each servers aren’t solutions, and thats ignoring all the trouble vet would need to go through to implement that, if even possible (with the rules and such) and elysium isn’t for “pvp” it’s entire existence is for tourneys, semi-official and official one and it will have further use for everyone, in the future

1 Like

no, global pvp is made to keep you on your toes at all times

The people hiding in pve servers problem can be fixed easily
You could make people with high bountys not able to enter pve servers, or even have pvp allowed for them in the pve server as long you have the bounty poster

Pvp is kinda of a more endgame competitive thing, normally you wont really see people that dont have a full build attack you for bounty, so its pretty hard to deal with and many just choose to log or run(which sucks for whoever wants pvp)

but that wouldn’t solve the problem of someone bounty hunting a lb player for the fun of it and just retreat into the pve server afterward, and not be affected by the “rules” because his bounty is too low

again, so many rules, so many “solutions”, such an hassle because a few people don’t like that a 14 years old sunk their cargo ship

global pvp is perfectly fine as it is, the game would need punishment given be much bigger to make it so people are much less likely to rk, for starters how heroes can kill eachother while only losing 350 fame, or how a lvl 125 can kill a lvl 50 with 0 consequences, you guys are trying to find solution for a non-existent problem

1, you can literally ask the opponement at mineta
2, gankers exist and they attack lower level players

couldn’t they just make it so you can’t gain renown in pve servers then, cause that way they might not be able to lose their renown, but they won’t gain any either, it’d be the same effect as just not playing

Most of my own worry for the World PVP mainly comes from bored high levels gatekeeping people, and bored PVPers fucking around with people. It’s a big game, there are a lot of different types of content someone could latch onto to enjoy, not just PVP. The problem is the only protection against worst-case-scenario events is to invest into brewing love potions, which not everyone is going to understand immediately or even want to do.

The reason people are so vocally opposed to PVP and start spouting ideas like this is because the safety of their fun is entirely a roll of the dice. Maybe you can treasure hunt for ten hours because you find it fun. Or maybe you’ll get a bunch of legendary charts only for someone to sink your ship and kill you for the hell of it.

I use this statement so much, but the open world is a Sandbox, pve players get the tools to build a sandcastle, and pvpers get the kickball. They don’t have to knock it over, but they very much can.

A lot of people can feel anxious that there are little to no protections in place to safeguard their fun, because whenever a PVP player comes along, you are no longer doing YOUR content, you are doing theirs. You have to drop what you are currently having fun with and scramble to play in a field you are unfamiliar with until you ultimately lose- frustration is a guarantee for most in these scenarios.

World PVP is gonna stay, but it will always be a thorn in the games side. There is no real perfect solution for one side that wouldn’t fuck over the other. Love potions are great for pve players, but can make bounty hunters lives a headache. Every solution that helps one side can damn the other.

Best that can be done is make sure that everyone gets to have fun in as many areas of the game. THOUGH, I will be adamant, that the minimum pvp level needs to be increased. The difference between someone who has exotic enchants, perfect gems, and a curated build & someone who JUST hit 125 is significant. So letting these people attack players before they even fight Elius is absurd.

8 Likes

Do people like PVP? After being on this forum for a while I don’t even think PVPers like PVP

1 Like