Impact Fist "Rework"

Impact Fist "Rework" https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/6/f/6f86c4517f8478f9bd4415b083cdb50287321a59.jpeg
effort 4.5 4 quality 4.0 4 reasonability 4.5 4

ok but blocking tho

ok try blocking an insta kill move while in any endlag at all(block buffering when).

yeah let me just get out of my endlag of my attack to block this other big attack that has like two seconds of startup time

i know i never specified how long you had to charge it for, but that doesn’t automatically mean it’s instant

:fr:

shit, i did, didn’t i.

i mean thats pretty vague but… still??

I’m still confused about why you complained about 3k damage at level 200 and then suggested something that’d do more than 4k damage at level 200 running a strength build.

Also 2 seconds isn’t much of a price for an undodgeable, better fucking block and even when you do it’ll knock off more of your health than an unblocked blast.

because at least then you have to actively build for it, back in AA you could just… do that.

okay that’s fair actually

Imagine parry stunning a projectile impact fist into another impact fist, peak fun.

1 Like

look here’s my own personal best simplified way of implementing impact fist
i’m a qualified expert in fighting styles trust me

compared to aa’s impact fist which could charge up out of combat, ao’s version should just build up a meter at medium pace as you land hits in combat, but deplete out of combat rapidly as well as drain slowly inside of combat to prevent all kinds of cheese and rewarding landing constant hits in fights
these constant hits (which would be comprised of whatever custom skills you might have made for your own loadout of impact fist) wouldn’t do a lot of damage by default
but when the meter fills, it stops draining until you consume it all to make one of your premade skills act as it if was used by somebody of a much much higher level, just for one hit
then it wouldn’t be abusable like the “charge up for 5 minutes out of combat then oneshot the enemy” bullcrap aa had
additionally, you can make it so you can only expend the charge if you hold down the attack you want to use it with before releasing, allowing you to store the meter during combat or to not waste it by accident
having it this way also makes it slightly easier to implement: you don’t have to make a “super version” for each of the skills, as it would just act as if it was shot by a much higher level. there’s probably some extra effects and size needed for whenever the user has already reached the size cap for attacks though

1 Like

I also like guilty Gear

1 Like

I honestly don’t think it was that broken. Before you object to this, let me explain. Impact’s purpose was mainly for bounty hunting. It would take forever to charge up, but then you could jump your target without a fight, and they would be in jail. If you were to use impact just to rk, they would just respawn and kill you. Addition to this, it was something that less experienced players would use as a deterrent and self defense. Impact took about 2 seconds to use, and during this time your target could jump ult over the explosion and avoid it all. That’s basically what I have to say.

the fact that it could instantly kill with little to no effort is the problem, not the consequences of it after that

It was an instant kill attack with a 5 minute chargeup you could do far away from battles.

What the hell do you mean it wasn’t broken?

Your acting like there was a perma death feature. You could kill them once easily

Vetex will most likely re-add it, no matter what people say. I trust that he’ll make it much better and a lot more fair than it was in Arcane Adventures.

1 Like

You’re acting like getting oneshot by a BS attack was a good thing.

You die once, respawn and farm them. It only worked for bounty hunters.

I hereby diagnose you with dumb for genuinely thinking AA impact fist was ok.

1 Like
counterpoint

I hereby diagnose you with dumb for making a minor spelling mistake . Just kidding, but I still think it was fine.