Important, will affect developers including AO

Pretty much

This feels like theft to me

1 Like

It’s interesting something this tyrannical has happened to both Roblox and Minecraft now. I’m hearing people float theories around that it may be related to an inbound economic depression…
Not that I’d be surprised. The economy of a lot of nations isn’t doing spectacularly, from what I saw last.
If it is the financiers and such of these corporations, no wonder they’re doing this; they’re trying to profit off of whatever they can get, if not even trying to sell things they can get their hands on.

That’s a whole new layer of illegal.

Feels like? My brother in Christ, it is theft.

I’m not an economy expert, but shouldn’t Roblox be able to sustain itself through the recession? The economic problems are hitting everybody hard, but I think Roblox should be able to sustain itself without infringing on people’s intellectual property rights.

My only guess is that there’s predictions it’s gonna be way worse than some of us initially though.
…That’s about it, though.

2 Likes

It’s all about getting the money in as fast as possible now, not about just surviving

I hate shareholders sometimes for abusing so much power

1 Like

david saw roblox blow up in popularity and i swear to god he was just fucking WAITING for erik to kick the bucket so he could marionette it into a fucking nightmare with zero contention. i am so convinced that guy was the only reason this platform even remained as good as it was for as long as it did.

2 Likes

I hate how I missed this post due to not opening forum for days.

This whole thing can be a huge issue with just how confusing things are hidden in jargons and legal words that might need you to pay hundreds just for a lawyer fighting a corporation with infinite money

I have a new answer for “If you could make one person who died stay alive for their entire natural life, who would it be”

1 Like

this is so ridiculously disrespectful to someone who died of cancer, jesus christ, making his death seem like a good thing for anyone

roblox didn’t even take a seriously heavy corporate approach until 2019-2020, where they literally had to in order to support the way they ballooned

of course, they definitely could’ve not done so, if you want shitty servers, the shitty state of the datastore when adopt me blew up, and terrible web service

2 Likes

That’s fucking ominous…

Unfortunately, yeah.
I wish I knew more, but… I can only see what happens actively, and in the past.

I swear this is illegal somewhere I just forgot where

Kind of like stealing parts of your game without permission is how I see it

its basically just really convoluted property theft huh

“but you agreed to the terms”
I would fucking move AO to UE5 at this point, also this shit should be illegal(i am assuming it’s legal until mentioned and worked out otherwise)

Ah yes, Engine Unreal 5.

2 Likes

holy fucking shit?? yeah im gonna be real with you i have no idea what the fuck i was on last night. sorry about that

bruhhhhh aint no fucking way. Sue their asses

1 Like