World of Magic - Information Guide to all 23 Elemental Magics

magma does 60% more damage to bleeding targets. after I used Rising tide which gives the bleed to them, I dealt 60% more dmg to npcs

Power upgrades from gear are dependent from damage multipliers from adjusted magic spell stats, meaning that a placed explosion, which has a damage multiplier of 0.6x, wouldn’t also multiply the power stats from gear, only the player’s base magic power. The same goes for spell changes that cause it to do more damage than normal. This will however be changed in the near future.

Looks like you changed the first line but forgot to change the others - the paragraph conflicts with itself.

Also I assume we don’t have the exact formula used for scaling (otherwise it’d be in the sheet)?
Would be real nice - how best to test for it? Off the top of my head, the only stat you can accurately test is Destruction, but that’s really difficult to test precicely. Maybe magic speed? Not sure how much lag plays into that.

1 Like

On the section for plasma it says plasma petrifies charred targets but it doesn’t say that on the section for the petrified status effect

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

For the section on petrified, acid and wind are listed as both having a 40% and a 10% increase on petrified targets, and paper is described as being weakened by petrified in the description but it has no damage reduction against petrified targets listed in the interactions section

1 Like

If you use ash magic on a burning target, it inflicts petrified. This information is missing from the guide.

I’ve not been able to test this, but my guess is that this would also apply to:
Burning + Explosion
Scorched + Ash
Scorched + Explosion

Also, I noticed that frozen’s damage interactions are in the wrong order - fire is a 10% reduction, but is listed between ink (40%) and water/wind (50%).

In Vetex’s trello, he stated Magma does 20% more damage to bleeding target while in your guide have 60%. I am confused.

1 Like

as all things people are prone to mistakes… it is an unoffical magic doc after all. meta will probs fix it once he gets on and see that.

60% was before, 20% is recent.
So yeah he didn’t update that section apparently.

In-game it is 60%, but it is changed to 20% in TU. I will change it once the storyline update is pushed.

p1

pt2

It lines up with the Trello as well, plasma only petrifies with explosion and not with ash (though it may possibly function like this in game idk)

Used this document to update the wiki page on status effects.

Found a few things:

• Colouring the % damage increase from multipliers makes it easier to quickly tell how strong an effect’s interactions are.
    • Similarly, putting “and clears the effect” at the end of interactions that clear makes it easier to make the important distinction between magics that can only utilise the bonus once, and magics that can keep benefiting from the synergy.
  • Listing statuses by category (or in any particular order) would help find them in the long list of 17.
  • frenly reminder you’ve not fixed the frozen synergy order (which makes me sad because I have to manually fix it every time I parse your document)

I’ll work on those changes. Thanks for the feedback!

What parts of the Frozen synergy order have I missed?

Frozen’s damage interactions are in the wrong order - fire is a 10% reduction, but is listed between ink (40%) and water/wind (50%).

Alright, thanks. I’ll fix that while adding the “clears the effect” to interactions.

Done these. Thanks for the suggestions.

Fixed this as well.

Hey Meta, you forgot to color-code the % damage increases in Plasma’s magic damage interactions
Screenshot_181

Also, just a thing that has been bugging me for a while: why does Fire’s overview say it synergizes well with Lightning instead of Ash and/or Explosion, seeing as Fire and Lightning have no positive special interactions?

Also also, I’d like to make a suggestion: Have you considered ordering things in alphabetical order? It would make it easier to find the exact magic/effect you’re looking for.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed the Soaked, Inked, Freezing and Charred effects don’t state a duration. Do they just stay on the target until some other effect takes them off?

On the duration topic, I’ve also noticed that the Snowy status effect says it lasts for 5 seconds, but a note on the Beta v1.4.63 said it was in increased to 6 seconds. Was that changed back later on?
Screenshot_20200808-031656

P.S.: Sorry for asking a shit ton of questions; hope you can answer them

i’m curious as well to know how long the charred and soaked effects last

Fixed this and color coded them.

Yea I’m not sure why I said they synergized well. Must’ve been tired writing that.

I was considering making a copied document with things in a separate order but I just have them in the order of the time each magic was added (same order as Trello for the sake of consistency).

I’ve added all the durations of those status effects since I forgot to put them there. I’m not 100% sure about Charred or Freezing, but they should be good enough. I have also specified if a status effect refreshes on hit with the magic that applies it or not.

Thanks for your questions and observations.

3 Likes