Information on the Sun

So Durza’s attack changed the Earth’s rotation

I suppose that in Arcane Odyssey (Around the time that happened?) compasses hadn’t adjusted yet to change what was north and south. Interesting

I think i’m missing something here i’m probably stupid ;-;

big boom makes planet not spin the same as before
the north is still the north of the planet, its just that the planet might spin on a different axis now

now the magnetic north can always change i guess, not sure how that works exactly but i think its already moving in our own world, but thats not really the point here

2 Likes

Yes. Since the axis changed though, the sun doesn’t actually set/rise in the north/south

look the north isnt just the “top” of the planet or something

I know

I’m referring to North as in relation to the Earth’s axis, which changed after Durza’s blast.

Okay i’m confused, I probably won’t come back to this topic

No matter how strong the attack, it would only make the poles swap, i.e. Compasses would start pointing South instead of North via Geomagnetic reversal. If Durza had screwed up much more than just rotation(electromagnetic poles) to that point, wouldn’t the electromagnetic poles be between the East and West(In a real world model) and not pointing towards North and South?

How would a compass point to the geographical North or South if it still does, or are compasses powered by magic that points to the geographical location instead of magnets?

If the electro magnetic poles didn’t shift at all, there isn’t a heliocentric model in which Earth can rotate in a way that the sun behaves like that for opposite sides of the planet.

1 Like

Ya, but by definition compasses wouldn’t point to geographic north. If they did there’d be many many larger problems to worry about…

I leave to work and come back to 45 replies and reasoning from Vetex. This is not what I was expecting.

1 Like

its not that deep bro i didn’t consult nasa rocket engineers when writing the lore, the rotation of the earth got fucked up thats all you need to know

12 Likes

I wanted some evidence orbit of further information but I suppose it wouldn’t turn into a huge revolution, or a pivotal plot twist waiting for us or anything.

It’s a video game I guess, not the reel deal. Here, science doesn’t wheely need to come around in a full circle; So put away your torques and pitchforks, people.

Vortex, you’re on a roll , keep developing AO. Such good stuff it makes my head spin.

My sincerest apologies

1 Like

erf is flat

The truth is that it is’t AO’s sun who is fucked up, it’s ours, thanks to Vetex.

8 Likes

vetex on his way to fuck up the entire sun so his game sun can be accurate

1 Like

He flew up and punched the sun so hard it’s still moving in the direction he punched it at to this day

1 Like

vetex is so perfect he correlated the arcane universe’s sun to ours. now both suns rotate around the earth. thanks vetex

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.