Interchange lets you re-pick first magic upon consumption

Interchange lets you re-pick first magic upon consumption
effort 3.666666666666667 12 quality 3.538461538461538 13 reasonability 4.066666666666666 15

This is one of the more “no shit” suggestions that should’ve already been a thing in the game, which is why it won’t get implemented until 2 seas later lol

1 Like

saves the effort of deleting and starting all over again

1 Like

It’s not a QoL addition AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Adding the ability to change your first magic when it previously didn’t exist affects game balance as it allows user to continue using their existing save file (obviously). So it is NOT a “Quality of Life” by definition.

But sure why not? It’s not like changing your first magic is going to harm anyone.

1 Like

I do think a magic reset item should exist, but not using an acrimony. too easy to change

you know their chance is 1 in 6000 right, and that every other build can change their stuff so much easier?

you know that vetex has basically given multiple free interchanges to the point where it’s VERY easy to get a reset as the prices are usually low as well cuz of said free stat resets?

• if you took a class that isn’t versatile then that’s kind of on you…

every class has it’s own drawbacks and limitations, the only class that has it easy to change rn are FS classes which literally have mastery to waste tons of time of theirs making it a hassle to change

i think you misread the post, it’s not asking for stat resets to change your magic, it’s asking for acrimonies to change your magic

also did you really just call spending 10 minutes beating up greenwish cultists a ton of time? it’s barely even a detour

literally every other class can change their thing, why must magic be the one thing locked in for the entirety of the game?

hmm true, guess i misunderstood, guess its kinda fine if an entire acrimony is used to change

also did you really just call spending 10 minutes beating up greenwish cultists a ton of time? it’s barely even a detour

no i don’t use FS, I’m a conjurer

literally every other class can change their thing, why must magic be the one thing locked in for the entirety of the game?

what do you even mean by this? literaly every class has it’s own limitations, Vitality and Weapons both can’t edit their skills and are limited to changing them from weapon to weapon making it exceptionaly harder to get skills on them

(vitality is said to work like weapons too )

Only FS has it easier, which is just beating up npcs until the mastery loads, i don’t understand what your comparing at all

so you’re saying that magic’s limitation is being stuck with what you choose at the beginning of the game forever despite how long this game is planned to be?

Every other build can freely try out new things, it only makes sense that magic to get the same treatment

who gives a shit?
let players change their build.

Weapon builds get to do whatever they want, vitality builds get to do whatever they want, fighting style builds get to do whatever they want.

What exactly is the difference here?
If anything, changing magic should be cheaper than an acrimony because every other build has NO COST AT ALL.

1 Like

Also I’d like to ask you who the hell clicked on a game called “Arcane Odyssey” and didn’t start immediately investing in magic.

that’s literally what the game tells you when you start the game-

That is not an excuse for bad game design!

1 Like

why does it have to?

cuz the game said so-

This is singularly the most stupid thing I have ever seen said in suggestions.
What’s the point of this channel if we’re supposed to go along with literally everything said ingame no matter how stupid and bad it is?

I can’t tell if he’s baiting or genuinely believes that making your magic choice permanent is a good thing

I’m worried its the latter.

But it is true is it not? i mean the game literally warns you… I think magic change can exist I’m not like against it, but I don’t think it should be as easy as getting an acrimony