Is AO PvP really that bad?

dude was addicted to WoM and the forums, but as long as he isn’t being a nuisance and a pest here it isn’t my problem anymore

honestly better for the medium sized community
1k-3k is not and never will mean a dead game and i never got why people say it’s a dead game unless it’s struggling to reach 500 players, heck, i wouldn’t consider a game dead unless it’s got 0 players throughout an entire day.
in the grand scheme of things it does mean a small community especially compared to other things but your game doesn’t need to consistently pull 10k to be considered somewhat alive

5 Likes

Yeah at this point, I don’t mind if a Universal PvP Turn Off was a thing, even though I don’t struggle in the current situation. Losing players because of the it just feels bad man

1 Like

i think it’s just people losing touch with the scale of things, like it is a 90% decline all things considered, but it’s still a consistent following

also when we compare to the height of Arcane Adventures, the numbers aren’t as impressive per say

BTW Hes a mod on the AO wiki

1 Like

while you can not like the combat, i feel like it gets a lot more hate than it should because of the aba/deepwoken hivemind

1 Like

Instead of making GN and AS essentially clans make them what’s basically pvp toggles.

Clans can fight other clans but nobody else, while clanless/clan GN members can fight clanless/clan AS members fr. Also GN/AS aren’t forced to wear horrible drip (or maybe they are to show they’re pvpers).

Pretty meh idea but it seems more realistic than a just pvp toggle button (ignoring party friendly fire)

It’s not a real pvp thread if someone doesn’t get banned

IMO I prefer AO combat way more than grounded m1 based combat. Personally, getting the first hit and then doing a stunlock combo where you get your opponent down to 0 HP is not skill. Unlike those games, it’s possible to 1v5 in this if your skilled enough without having to worry about being combo juggled.

1 Like

Exactly

When dark sea drops them bitches be tryna farm content

Make it so that 2nd Awakening can be obtained from Dark sea :cook: there for they are grinding even harder and make the method SUPER HARD!

And make the 2nd Awakening obtainment from the Dark sea where you have to fight Time-Skip Revon with 4th Magic, and fighting style with radius and impact and Death magic and a bunch of unobtainable legendary weapons that do 5000! DMG on hit with Pre-Nerf Pulsar! and Revon has 9000 hp and he gains 9000 for every player will make them grind hard!

Sir, wrong post, You should put this Here

Vetex puts a decent amount of effort into combat the game gets too much criticizem for being in this much of an early state, also the combat has a great foundation not only for uniqueness but for gameplay in general as everything scales up especially after dark sea combat will feel very fast paced. and only get more fast paced as we progress which imo is great.

Bro is onto nothing revamp it onto what, he doesn’t give any specific examples just says blanket statements “its outdated” than wt do we replace it with WHAT would make it new more modern as he says.

what would be bettter combat? list examples? like do u want just more variety or what is it about the core mechanics combat thats so bad? I think everyone just judges because its lacking progression and variety atm

I know this isn’t related, but waaaay back in the day, there existed a game called Pokemon brick bronze on Roblox

If you haven’t heard of it, it was a fan made Pokemon game made on Roblox using 3d sprites from pokemon, but having its own world, gui, story, etc. The game only had around 3-6k players at most playing it from what I remember. It felt so weird to me reading what you said since it kinda lined up with PBB, the games a passion project coming to fruition

I really hope that the community is chill being smaller than most like PBB, it doesent have to have the biggest community ever to still be a pretty cool game!

imo gems should just be removed tbh, i was outta the loop for a bit, but wasn’t that a feature that was just kinda suddenly announced and then added?

even then, rn they just make stat checks too easy and make the difference for low vs high level players that much wider.

3 Likes

the combat isn’t dated?? it’s literally just a different style of combat. that’s like saying street fighter combat is outdated just because it’s from an old game tf

That game getting shut down by Nintendo was a tragedy fr :sob:

2 Likes