Is AO PvP really that bad?

He gonna be making a BIG ASS RANT ON WHY VETEX SCAMMED YOUUU!!! AND THE COMBAT IS THE SAME!!! when he didn’t know that Fighting styles, weapons, spirit weapons, and some other things exist outside of magic while he uses his terrible beserker with MAGIC IN IT

Never teach the New gens about Pvp and ask all the Pvp try hards to delete ALL PVP VIDS and to NOT PVP EVER AGAIN!!! SO THE NEW GENS NEVER BECOME SWEATS!!!

if that’s what you think i’m saying then i recommend returning to middle school English 'cause i’m literally just saying forced pvp is the death of prolonged engagement for casual players, specifically in the environment that vetex has bred around player interactions

Um acksually I graduated middle school a few months ago :nerd_face:

then you should go back bc your ability to read seems elementary at best

Its called the internet this ain’t my school assignment so I don’t put thought in my grammar :sob:

okay but you completely missed what i was saying, it has nothing to do with grammar bro

Ok.

1 Like

The balance between Open World PVP and PVE Exploration and Story sure is hard to hit, sad to see my other friends refuse to play AO for the same reason as well

2 Likes

ao pvp is bad don’t get me wrong
but i feel like it’s kinda ironic that most roblox users will praise the same uninspired 5 m1 autocombo with a parry combat system that most games adopt and will complain about systems that stray from it

another day another heated pvp thread

1 Like

aight lads place your bets on who’s gonna be banned cause of what they say in this thread

AO will never be revived bro, it’s gonna keep going through the same 30k update and then 3k concurrent cycle for years.

Dark Sea is just a cool way to grind and after you grind your stuff what is there? More grind for fun which only the current concurrent number of players enjoy? Pvp that only half of the already small playerbase enjoy?

I love AO but being like “YEAH WE’LL GET THOSE HATERS WHEN MAGICALLY A GRINDFEST UPDATE MAKES THEM WANT TO PLAY A GAME THEY DON’T ENJOY PLAYING YEAH” is just dumb and expecting disappointment.

Best we’ll get is a big surge of new players in the far future that stick around due to all the content, this is assuming hunting is fixed

If Vetex’s developments aligned with his claims I would be more sympathetic, but he honestly doesn’t come off as caring about the understandably delicate balance of those factors. I might suggest that bounty hunting is a two-way road wherein taking on a bounty (or opting in to the system) would then be the catalyst for your own “life” being at risk. Choosing not to partake in the system would omit you of being hunted and thus the incentive to hunt down unwitting and unwilling players would be gone

couple this with a possible punishment for killing someone who is explicitly not on any hitlist and I can see it being an effective solution to the problems I have with the current system, because as much as I would personally love to be able to opt out of pvp entirely, I understand it not to be the best or most sensible solution to the root of my issues with the game

1 Like

RB1 NVM hes already banned

rb1 been banned for like over a year bro, even in-game

ikr

oddly enough he’s still active in related discords which is kinda weird
maybe he hasn’t been ip banned and he plays on an alt but idk he still has a lot of ties to the rest of us which makes sense

Bro even got banned from WOM 2 :sob:

There’s two groups of people who are just blind

Those are assume that AO will become the biggest game on roblox after it gets more content (it won’t)

And those who think the game is dying/dead because it doesn’t have 100k on a daily basis (their stupid)

The gam will likely have around a stable 3-6k concurrent whenever it has a substantial amount of content, and just because it doesn’t have the same it did when it first released doesn’t mean it’s dead (that’s basically like saying any game that isn’t at it’s absolute peak anymore is dead)

AO will always be a game with a fairly medium sized community, which is fine and likely better for it given the whole clan dynamic.

2 Likes