Is there any reason NOT to use 20% blast?

most of the time you blast someone while they are charging an attack/in endlag, ergo, you blast them while they are frozen still

why would the explosion size/size of the blast even matter? 20% just looks like free damage

i can see why beams shouldnt always be at 20% though, if a target is running away on the ground, you could shoot the ground near them and have the explosion clip them, but i see no argument for blasts

2 Likes

can you consistently hit 20% blasts?

i can’t, so i wont.

is this man a level 600 apocalypse bringer mage?

Look if you can hit the attack, then go for it.

If you cant, then sucks

but if can, dear lord, the forum has brought forth a sogeking

Sir, I do not have the reflexes of a comp csgo player

im confused by the replies, because its not a matter of whether youre good at the game or not

when you pvp somebody and they are standing still in mid air, that is the opportune moment to blast them. it doesnt matter if your blast is massive or tiny, they are frozen still and it will hit anyway

its not worth entertaining the idea of blasting someone that’s running and zooming around, it wont hit

so why not make your blast the minimum size for the extra free damage?

1 Like

if you can consistently hit 20% blasts be my guest

it won’t hit.

if it was that easy pvp would just be mage vs mage whoever attacks second

you forgot to take into account that:

• this game runs worse than a old man on a wheelchair, i confidendly bet a HUUUUGE chunck of players can’t even reach 60 fps on the average server
  • most people are PVE players, which won’t bother to optimize their attacks all that much let alone use 20% blasts in fights

sounds good, except that i will most likely be stuck mid-animation, and by the time i even consider aiming they will already be out of endlag. this is the type of thing that sounds good in theory but practice is entirely different

7 Likes

I guess but pvpheads r boosted shadow mage so theyll never use them

i agree, bad ping / framerate can really ruin pvp and i understand this point of view

my pc can run the game just fine, but if the server ping is bad its genuinely impossible to do anything

I have an intel 12700k and an rtx 4080 and I often reach 40-60 fps averages, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the player base is playing on 30 fps.

You seems to be thinking that blast is only useable to punish endlag, wait until you hear about Turret mages.

You will never see a skilled mage uses exclusively 20% blast. Your words do have merit to them however, as 20% blast is normally what any magic build uses to punish endlag, preferable up close

im now thinking of using 20% blast thanks to this (metal magic so 100% wasn’t doing much)

also couldn’t 20% reach 100% with attack size?

you would need enough AS to get a 400% size boost (easily in the thousands)

if you run attack size purely for that, just go 100% with power

i am running power i was just saying the fact you could ( so if you run attack size substat you could use smaller size for more damage Plus more damage from power)

the problem is that running 20%, size and power is much, much less efficient in every way, including the time it takes to get, than running 100% power

now if im running purely power on metal, would it be better to use 100% for more size (even though its slow) or 20% (because i have to use it to punish anyway)

I wouldn’t recommend 20% blast on metal because you’re trading both Size and Atk Speed for Power, unless you like staying close to your opponent for some reason…

I got metal snared 4 times in that one fight so ig it happens a lot more than I anticipated