Is warden a rushdown oriented class?

Think about it

So wardens are meant to mirror warriors in terms of what they can do skill wise, but the extra HP also means that in theory they should be able to play more recklessly and aggressively compared to their weapon counterparts.

does this sorta make the vitality stat like how the strength stat is to magic? if magic and strength are zoner/rushdown counterparts, does that logic apply to warriors and wardens?

also a “tank” class sounds sorta confusing and I dunno how that would work in combat
personally I thought wardens would be “grapplers” to fill the missing archetype lol.

1 Like

Oh my DAYS!
Warden has permanent percentage drawback…
grrr

anyways
savant 2.0 i guess

1 Like

watch warden can do everything but is just limited to hp loss

so savant but literally better lol :sob:

savant but more hp and more suicide attempts

Savant if it was obese

so true flarerflare of the nya neko uwu kingdom

(you will never beat the allegations)

nyah purr meowmrrp meow meow

I mean if you’ve got more HP of course you have more room to play aggressively

crazy how the sword class is a zoner tho

Actually…Mage is a zoner according to the AO balance document, Strenght builds are meant to fill the rushdown archetype.

weapons are mix up tho, rushdown isn’t really the opposite of that and is already the strength stat

if mix up can be interpreted as being able to sorta use any kind of attack, or in other words just offence in general, then tank would be a fitting counterpart

From what little we know guess so? I remember hearing people thinking Wardens could be grapplers since we have zoners as mages and rushdown as beserkers.

spirit grappling hook would be so fun

universal grab cooldown would mean that a grappling playstyle would be dead on arrival

Now that we know that Wardens will play similarly to Conjurers (because of Spirit Weapons supposedly being a mix of Magic and Weapons in their attacks), will they effectively replace an entire build or will there be enough differences between the two to warrant picking one over the other?

I believe Warden’s entire thing is high HP with built in drawback, with the upside of if you do manage to land those hits you’ll get that lost HP back.

Drawback lifesteal sounds cool

*pets*

thanks you fucking blasted my ears :sob: