Jail Revamp

Jail Revamp https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/6/b/6ba06e88251a55778db78a5ce729e933a3e38a23_2_1024x532.jpeg
effort 4.96969696969697 33 quality 4.970588235294118 34 reasonability 4.941176470588236 34

I got to say this is of high quality, the jails are extremely boring, just wait for 10 hours of nothing and either be released or get executed. however, I want to throw on some more ideas I thought up while reading this.

Negative rep quests relating to the prison from outside of it:

other than commodore kai and Edward’s upgrade quest there is little to no reason to go to the navy base as a negative rep player outside of getting rid of your bounty for free.
these quests are high risk and high reward as you are breaking into a secure navy facility to do something, but the rewards are worth it, examples include.

contraband smuggling: smuggling contraband into the prison, a more stealth oriented mission suited for smaller boats (for obvious reasons) and is repeatable.

breakouts: self-explanatory and non-rival npcs have a chance to join your crew as a free deckhand.

killing commodore kai: if that mission doesn’t exist yet.

other negative rep ideas:

smuggling: same as trading but with more risk, reward and fewer places to drop it off (more work if popular).

escape prisoners: same as castaways but for evil reps.

yes please

incredibly high quality and its yet another QoL addition that should’ve been implemented from day 1

honestly the jail system was a pretty stupid idea in the first place

1 Like

im a bit skeptical about the timer reduction thing but slave prison labor is perfect

W suggestion

Not even an evil player- and this is part of the reason why I never will be. For essentially no additional reward evil players receive incredibly harsh punishments- I couldn’t be bothered to spend most of my time ‘playing a game’ well… not playing the game.

Now this is just incredibly false lmao

this timer is based of person’s bounty

that has nothing to do with the suggestion of revamping jail system

it seems like it got abadon. In AA, you had a chance to spawn inside the cell with a prisoner that could be interacted but i would like to see this back in AO

i don’t see the point of rewarding prisoners with galleons, the jail time task and exp would somewhat fits and prevent people from going afk

overall, this suggestion would be hard to implement in bronze sea but however it would be easier for the next map/sea/server

Oh wowwww you can steal cargo… and sink two more kinds of boats. Very impressive

there is so much potential to these idea

i think this is the best idea ive seen about improving prison, gives the player something to do without giving them the option to outright escape and devaluing having friends come to break you out, without having it be an overly boring wait as a solo player

Honestly shocked jail manged to get past testing in its current state.

Full 5 stars from me. Nothing I can add or disagree with :clap:

Big W

The current jail system is literally a punishment for playing the game a certain way, there is no reason for it to be what it is at the moment
Honestly the entire timer should be scrapped and replaced with minigames

Make jail fun

also keeping this so we have rare footage of a suggestion with over 50 votes and has perfect ratings

Banger Idea

My good man here will make AO fun even in prison.