Jail time poll because of a recent suggestion

cover yourself in arcanium
this is not a request

this is a demand

Jailtime getting lowered based on influence is a good idea actually

OH you must be thinking about the magic arm/leg lost spells that were planned ages ago.

no i mean actual fighting style, not spell. i dont know if i can find a source to it though

cover yourself in arcanium.

to be fair thats not a bad idea but i dont think it solves the underlying issue

cover yourself in arcanium NOW!

I remember when i mained warrior and had to reset in a fight with navy because I lost a limb and had no way to attack
W game design vetex :speaking_head:

4 Likes

anyways it about to be funny watching a bunch of people show up to vote “yea its alrigh” when they’ve literally never played a villain file before.

vetex should add an animation where you just pull out some makeshift bandages

and strap your weapon to your arm, you can continue fighting but each skill and swing will have a health cost. not for extra damage, just for continuing the fight.

or you can choose to not do that, and instead fight one handed. burying your hand in your pocket and using different variants of the skills you had on those weapons.
or just entirely new ones.

Or he could just let you use skills anyways since it doesn’t happen to mages or beserkers despite them also using their hands to attack

yes.

that works too.

but bandaging it to your arm when you lost your hand would be a nice detail.
MINUS THE DOWNSIDE

but y’know what i say as a suggestions main?
go big or go home.

sounded familiar so i looked up cyborg on the forum and found a reply to a thread that acted as a chat during the qna

then i looked up the qna transcript and found it

I don’t see the point to the prices lowering as navy influence decreases, I rather think it should be the other way around, since servers where influence is low you are more likely to be assisted and broken out, these are the servers in which the jail time is actually more necessary for the navy to recover.
I think that on higher influence servers there’s less necessity for long jail times overall, and making criminal punishment lesser would also keep them in the game, making the “bad” side less predictable.

honestly this poll’s going exactly how I expected it to.
vast majority agree that jailtime sucks, but believe there’s a revamp that might fix it.
like reducing jail time, adding minigames, or solo escapes.

the problem is the concept, putting players in boxes to keep them from playing the game can’t be executed well as a mechanic.

doesn’t matter what’s in the box because players will just want to get through the tedious obstacle they didn’t ask for.

doesn’t matter if there’s a way out of the box because players will not have fun doing it multiple times.

and reducing jail time is literally just following the logic I’m following of “less jail time = more fun” so 0 jail time is the best you can get.

I am going to post my ideas on the jail time here:
I liked the idea by @Codices here
but I would like it if the “stall for time” option would be taken from another suggesion, where the Gravy takes you on a boat ride.
and my addition would be. mabey also mark the ship on criminal maps with a announcement

another really stupid idea would be that the Gravy gives you a 3rd option if you have a high enough bounty, A chance to redeem yourself. it is basically goes as follows
you have a ceartain ammount of time (say 10 minutes as a baseline) and you are dropped on a random large island
all you are told is “there is someone here we need hunted but they evade us at every turn”
you can either try to flee (there are grand navy ships on the water)
or you can kill the guy and go free (decreasing bounty) if you fail within the time limit they will then give you the choice again (except minus the option listed here)
also a failed escape means immediate jail

If that third option was added the prison system might aswell just be removed lol.
Nobody would ever pick to kill their target instead of just running away.

I still stand by what I said at the start of this whole discussion a month ago:
Jail time sucks and serves literally 0 purpose as a game mechanic by not only forcing players to stop playing the game but also by failing to be even vaguely fun to interact with.

lol lmao that reminds me of the arcane goverment and their corruption. I think they hired criminals on multiple occasions

(that was probally a sub-conscious influence tbh)