Just a ton of ideas I gathered in mind. (45+ Ideas)

Before I start anything, I would like to credit @chanzei, @Luckygames_Spider, and @Vanllesco for helping out with a few of these ideas.

I’ve had most of these ideas in mind for a while and I thought now would be the perfect time to make a suggestion about them before the guild update is released.

Terrain/Building Ideas

Most if not all of these ideas originated from my comment on vetex’s post regarding ideas for terrain. I will put all of them here for those who haven’t seen them.

Terrain Ideas
  • Since most of the actual shoreline is just sand (Such as the Castilian shore) I think it would be nice to see area’s look a little something like this:

• Cut down on the amount of tree’s/bushes found within the map. Areas such as the whispering forest should remain as is, but others such as the Castilian shore and especially the Southern Riverlands should have most of their trees removed, because the majority of the current map feels like a forest. (I am aware this will most likely change, this would also increase performance depending on how much are removed.)

• Have some areas of the map have huge rocks, such as those surrounding the silent tower. (This is already seen in the Castilian shore, but I would like to see even larger ones around the map, just to give it a feel of higher elevation at times)

• Large caves that would have an abundance of resources, chests, a few mazes, and even mabye some dark wizard/bandit hide out in it.

• Mine shafts, such as the one found in Castilian Shore, but much, much larger. This would be practically just be a cave that has already been explored by miners. (Example below)

• More vegetation variations, things such as flowers, tall grass that slows down movement speed, berry bushes, fruit trees, anything that adds more color to the map.

• Large, open and empty battlefields around the map with the skeletons of dead people and their weapons. (Terrain around these areas would look destroyed and barren)
    Extreme example:
    https://streamable.com/52qrd5

• Dungeons that would have numerous enemies, dozens of chest, and possibly a boss if its related to story line

• Ambiance to areas, such as dense fog at high elevations, strong fog in the morning, butterfly’s that fly around at day, fire flies that fly around at night, etc.

• Player’s should move slower in water where its not deep enough for them to swim.

• Large bodies of water such as lakes should be MUCH deeper than what they currently are. For example, Lake Argestes is extremely shallow for it being a lake, and deepening it would give player’s a sense of sea exploration, similar to AA.

• Waterfalls once parts of the map gets to higher elevations.

• Not necessarily terrain, but this is the only fitting category for it. Weather clouds should be MUCH larger than what they are, it looks so wonky to see just a tiny cloud that has lightning come out of it. (For example, clouds should literally cover 1/3 if not more of the current map)

• Each biome should have its own unique naturally generating structure, for example, the whispering forest could have a huge tree with an inhabitant inside, along with a couple of chests.

Building Ideas
  • Merchant camps that would work very similar to how bandit/magic council camps work. They would have different kinds of travelling merchants within it, and have 2 separate reputations, one for dark reps, and one for good reps.

• Farms that could be naturally generated or pre-built. These should have an abundance of agricultural related resources, as well as a few inhabitants that could possibly sell a few items.

• More variations of ruins, such as houses, more churches like that seen near bell village, farms, and magic council/bandit camps. (Possibly even a magic council prison)

• Houses/cabins, alchemist towers, and metal worker outposts that naturally generate around Magius.

• All naturally generated structures should have biome specific looks. (If you ever played Minecraft, an example would be how villages in different biomes have completely different looks and architecture.)

Vanity Ideas

I made an old suggestion regarding this, but since then its been deleted because its outdated. The following will be a list of ideas regarding vanity related changes that I believe would be nice additions to the game.

Vanity related items
  • Pauldrons

• Bracelets, should come in numerous color and 1 variation for each arm.

• More necklaces/chains of any sort

• Berets

• Ties & bowties

• Skirts (Yes I’m being serious about this)

• Cat ears (Bunny ears are still planned, so yes, I’m serious about this as well)

• Cat tails (You just can’t have cat ears without a tail, its obligatory.) ADD THEM VETEX PLEASE. :pleading_face: (Also yes I am still very serious about this)

• Straw Hats (Such as that seen in AA)

• Paper Hats

• Belts that would be situated around the waist of a character. (obviously) These should be added so players don’t just have randomly attached weapons to there waste, and make characters look more realistic.

• Infinity scarfs, if you don’t know what this is search it up.

• Eye Poppers

Character Customization Ideas

For future reference, here is the current character customization screen

• An RGB color wheel for hair customization. This could possibly be made into a game pass if needed.

• Add back whatever you would call this piece of clothing seen in AA.

• Add the same amount of color customization to clothing as there is for hairs. (This could also be turned into a game pass if needed)

• Secondary shirt colors. I’ve tried to explain this idea before, but I feel like I did a horrible job at it, so I will do it again. For certain parts of a shirt (Such as the vest in the image above) there should be an option to change the color of that specific part. This would allow for crazy character customization opportunity’s.

Misc vanity ideas
  • A search bar for player inventory’s. This should apply in trading as well. Its a real pain in the ass if you have a high inventory value and you end up having to take off an inventory item and scroll through your inventory for a solid minute just to find it again.

• A sort by rarity option for inventory. This would allow for easier searching whilst trading and selling.

• An option to enable/disable vanity for your weapons. I know this might sound weird and give others a slight disadvantage in PvP if this is on, but I have a solution. There could be an option in the settings tab, that would be along the lines of “Enable weapon vanity for other players.” This option should be on by default, and when you go to inventory to disable vanity for your weapons this should only be a client sided change.
    Also, if you ask me, this is possibly one of the most needed changes for vanity, because looking at stuff like this is not appealing.

• Vanity specific accessories that differ for each culture. For example, there should be Alalean specific clothing, similar to the merchant coat for Vistarians, that represent the culture of Alaleans. Its hard to explain this in much detail, but hopefully for those reading you get my point.

• A way to choose the placement of your weapons? I know this would probably be a hard and time consuming thing to implement, but it would be cool to do things such as have the option to choose which side of your body you want your sword to be.

• A game pass that allows you to have 2 - 3 extra vanity slots. This should be a game pass because most players could abuse 5 - 6 vanity slots and make there characters look wonky.

PvP Changes

Alright, now for the fun stuff. I will list a bunch of changes and thoughts about PvP related topics that I got from myself and others.

Buffs for solid magics

There is a ton of changes that need to be made to the majority of solid magics, because most of them aren’t even worth using.

• Earth travels at 0.6 speed, and in order to cause bleed, you need to deal 33% of an opponents health in one hit. That will practically never happen in PvP because of earth’s lack of mobility and synergies. A 100% blast from earth with 0 power will deal roughly around 99 damage. Compare that to explosion dealing 91 damage, with 0.9 speed. And don’t even get me started on comparing it to magics such as fire and acid with their DoT. You can hopefully see the damage trade off for speed is not worth it at all, and completely useless in the majority of scenarios. My Ideas to fix Earth is to increase its speed to 0.8, heavily increase its damage, or heavily buff its AoE.

• Wood travels at 0.7 speed, and similar to earth, to cause bleed you need to deal 30% of an opponents health in one hit. However unlike earth, wood has amazing magic synergy’s, so that makes up for most of its problems. The only main problem I have with it is that it only deals around 3 more damage than explosion with 0 power, and travels and 0.2 less the speed. Hopefully you can see the point that the speed and damage trade offs for magics aren’t worth it at all. Of course, this should only really be an issue up until the 2nd magic update, because synergy’s will heavily buff wood. My idea would be to buff wood damage by a decent amount, and possibly revert it once the 2nd magic update is out.

• Crystal is pretty similar to wood, it travels at 0.7 speed, and causes bleed if you deal 30% of an opponents health in one hit. Now here is the problem, crystal as horrible magic synergy’s. ( I am aware of the change vetex is planning to add regarding crystal, in case you don’t know already, every hit you get on someone with crystal adds 1 on them, and when it reaches around 5 they all shatter, dealing damage and inflicting bleed.) But once again, the damage trade off for speed just isn’t worth it, it deals roughly around 5 more magic damage than explosion with 0 power, and 0.2 less speed. My idea to buff crystal is similar to my idea for wood, however I believe there should be no revert made to this unless something else is changed that makes it
    necessary.

• Iron travels at 0.5 speed, and inflicts bleed if the shot deals 5% or more of a targets health. (This will basically happen every hit during PvP) My one problem with it is that gold deals 10 more damage with 0 power, at just 0.1 less speed, this isn’t counting bleed. Because iron already deals good damage, the only thing that should have to it is so that its damage is ever so slightly buffed so that the speed trade off between gold and iron is worth it, but doesn’t make gold completely useless.

Changes that should be made to any other magic that isn't solid.
  • Explosion travels at 0.9 speed, and inflicts the charred effect, which has really good synergy potential such as petrifying. So you might think what I’m gonna say next is practically pointless, because of explosions synergy combo, but remember that ash is capable of this as well, and other magics such as acid and fire deal a ton more damage that explosion including DoT, as well as having amazing synergies. I feel like explosion needs a decent buff so its 0.1 speed trade off is worth it compared to other magics such as fire and acid, that have DoT, good synergies, and more damage and higher speed. Sand does around 96 damage, and explosion does around 91 damage. Yet for some reason sand is the faster magic here? Explosion should be buffed to around the same level sand performs at, but a bit higher, so that its 0.1 speed trade off is worth it compared to magics such as fire and acid that deal much more damage at higher speeds.

• Ink travels at 1 speed, inflicts the inked effect that partially obscures vision, and has meh synergies. The only thing I see going with ink is its frozen and scribed combo. And can someone explain to me why ink does less damage than water, travels at the same speed, AND has worse synergies? Its absolute non-sense, and ink needs and immediate buff. Unfortunately, there isn’t much things to do with ink, as increasing its synergy combo wouldn’t make sense in most cases, and increasing its damage would just make it a worse re skin of water. The only idea I have in mind is to either make it slower or faster, and then adjust its damage accordingly.

• Lightning travels at 1.5 speed, has no status effect, and has 2 incredibly good synergys with other magics. Compared to explosion, this only deals around 7 less damage, with a 0.6 speed increase as well. I can see lightning have huge potential in the near future when 2nd and 3rd magics are added, so the only thing I would change about is it decreasing its synergies a bit, as keep in mind light is 1.7x speed, around 3 less damage than lightning, but has horrible synergies.

Enchant changes

As far as PvP goes, and the majority of PvE, every enchant but hard and strong are practically useless. This point was brought to attention to me by @chanzei. Here is what he said:

Why increase your casting speed if your damage is still crap?
Why increase your projectile speed if your damage is still crap?
Why increase your knockback if your damage is still crap?

So on so forth. Enchants such as those actually need to have a purpose, and still in need of a MAJOR buff. The players should be able to mix other buffs other than defense and power to actually have a balance between enchantments, whilst having a trade off that is worth it.

Now I understand some people will have questions about all the things I have talked about within the PvP section of this suggestion. All of the damage comparisons were with 100% blasts with 0 power. I compared a lot of magics to explosion because its my main (May just be a LITTLE biased but thats alright) and because explosion does meh damage for its speed, which allows me to harshly compare other magics to it. Also, I didnt mention anything about clashing power because lets be honest, if you are a good PvPer clashing doesnt happen very often, and if it does its 9 times out of 10 because of a rookie mistake.

Here is the source of all calculations:

If you actually read all of this, you are a legend, so I thank you for that. I spent roughly 5 hours on this suggestion. :sleeper:

Now because there are so many damn ideas on this post, I seriously need your thoughts about the ideas shown in this suggestion. I would cast a vote, but that would make this post very long, so it would be easier to just ask for opinions on ideas.

4 Likes

Just hurry up and take my vote already

8 Likes

You put a lot of work in this, some good suggestions.

1 Like

about the belts,i want smth like yami sukehiro’s belt(if you dont know whos that search up black clover yami sukehiro and look at pictures).i think it’d be nice cause most swords are on our back so i doubt it would clip with the belt(just to clarify i mean the belts like theres two belts and one is straight and the other is slightly leaning towards the right

As an explosion user myself, one thing you missed was the absolutely excessive amount of particles that explosion blasts generate.
If you dare use a multi-shot blast without some kind of way to see your opponent through walls… You are going to lose track of them, period.

It really needs to be toned down so that the particles don’t actively put you at a disadvantage if you care at all about your graphics settings.

Just searched up an image. I think this would be a cool addition to WoM, but I have no clue how anyone would be able to make it for a roblox avatar.

1 Like

ig u could take two belts and position one like normal and position the other one in a way that it’s leaning towards the right or left

also if you’ve ever clashed explosion with a poison multi-shot, it doesn’t look like an explosion…
It looks like you’re forming a black hole.

I haven’t clashed with poison in a while, for some reason its pretty rare to see them. But off of memory I can agree with you on that, it looks kinda wonky.

I almost constantly run across the rare poison mage while boss hunting with teams and for god knows what reason, they always use placed explosions and clash with all of my blasts simultaneously, I’ve seen the resulting particle storm crash about 3-4 members of the team before.

I don’t like all of your suggestions but…
we do need cat ears and cat tails :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

no please have mercy this is not ok.

i see youre a man of culture as well

You did this on my old suggestion and you have done it again. You mad lad.

But on a serious note yes, we need cat ears and cat tails.

yes more immersion plz
vote

This is one of the best suggestion I’ve seen

3 Likes

Its funny how I put this much work into a single suggestion and never do it for school.

I already was going to give you my vote but reading that cleared all doubt in my mind

I respect you, Gentleman.

Yoo all these are some real good stuff! Take my vote!