Let's discuss toggling PvP

I’ve only been a hero, so I didn’t know.

Just because I have low FPS doesn’t mean I can’t fight back. If I can come close to winning(in fact I have won a couple matches, but I’m still a tomato can), I think others with at least 30 FPS can win too.

Kind of sad that I didn’t get better frames in AO, but what can you do?

And if by trolls, you mean some other low levels trying to fight you…
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? AT LEVELS 50-80, THE PVP IS LEGIT THE EASIEST THING TO MASTER.
I dare say at those levels the PVP is actually more fun, more entertaining. If they are at most 5 levels above you, I’d say you have a chance to win. I almost beat a level 75 at level 54, but he ran away and spammed placed explosions after I got him low.

Aside from actually advice, you look like this :nerd_face::clown_face:

You come to the forum and complain about getting jumped and followed into servers, instead of here complaining about, “a you problem”, that has a couple of different solutions, you come up with a “feature” to help “a you problem” and expect to get support here.
:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

Exactly!

Some people have said something similar to me, when I posted about optimization, like: “We should have low graphics”, or “We should have a server list”. I say those are good suggestions, they can help everyone in the game even if your computer isn’t a 199.99 dollar walmart Gateway laptop.

But PVP off LITERALLY turns it into a roleplaying farming game. I don’t think I’m ready for roleplayers to start pouring in if PVP off is added.

I mean they could do it like Monsters of Etheria and add no-pvp servers with impaired exp gain but its still kinda lame.

Its not really that bad of an issue, if people are harassing you just block them and if they witch hunt you then report it to mods

I agree pvp off is out of the question, I’m arguing for cities that provide some sort of protection from being ganked, like in wom

Yeah, PVP off literally doesn’t make any sense for AO, pvp off would kinda of ruin AO I agree with what someone said about how it makes the feel more like the “War Seas”

Now that is a decent “PVP off” suggestion.

In Ravenna, if you attack a good rep player, all the guards in the mini-city should attack you. The guards are a nuisance to fight, so it’d be a good idea and an incentive to NOT attack someone.

Also i have only been attacked once in like ~27 hours of gameplay and it was due to being in a guild (guy wasnt even trying to be toxic he just wanted to fight someone)

Oh, and being in a guild. At first, I thought the saying “If you’re in a guild you better be ready to fight” was an over exaggeration, but it’s true. I thought it was stupid because no infamy gain from real PVP, but the PVP part comes in when someone comes and tries to steal your island. If you want to continue to gain infamy, you’ll have to fight them off.

I doubt someone like Egg would be in a guild, though. Seems like the type of guy to play a roleplaying game or play Blox Fruits and never turn on his PVP.

1 Like

What you’re asking for IS turning global pvp off. Global pvp means you can attack anyone in sight and fight against them whether they wanna fight or not and you’re suggesting to add an option that would make that not possible :skull:. You already get pvp protection until lvl 50 which is already enough. Adding a way to turn pvp off for yourself so you can farm in peace without getting killed isn’t gonna happen, cause dealing with situations like that is part of the game. It’d also make bounty hunting impossible and enjoying pvp would be hard cause it’s not easy to find someone who’s willingly wanting to fight.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you cheese all of the pvp features with this such as bounty hunting, assassination, sinking player ships to take their sealeds, literally the entirety of the clans mechanic, etc.

2 Likes

The essay wars begin!

Theres a pvp level requirement already

how about we just make private servers :troller:

Yeah but I love bounty hunting