Lets have a look at the changes in the trello

Heya!

So Ima take a look at some of the things added on the trello because I’m bored and I’d like to share my opinions on a few things. This might be a long post. So if you don’t have time to sit down and read my dumbass opinions, then I don’t blame you. Let’s begin.

Melee revamp

The melee revamp was easily one of the most interesting aspects of TGR when it was first announced. Finally, weapons would be useful again after the horrendous (but much needed) nerf they suffered soon after the guild update.

Now that we have a little more information about the revamp, I can say that I am happy with the way the weapon revamp is planned. The slight stun could definitely increase the viability of weapons in general, as long as it’s not too OP.

Stat/Build system

I love this.

That’s really all I can say. See, I’ve been wanting a more clear way to visualize and really develop my build in AO/WoM, and this does it very well. I think it’s cool that we finally have viable options for combat that isn’t just ‘Spam singular blasts and hope you don’t die’, which is really my main problem with the game as it is. Combat before TGR is boring, and frankly uninteresting. But now we have a chance to develop and create a unique fighting style (not the fighting styles in the game, your personal style of fighting that you use in- you know what I mean).

Now, I know that some people don’t like this mechanic, and you know what? I can sort of understand why, but personally, I’d rather have this system than the current one.

Melee weapon skills

This is good. That’s really it. The system itself seems solid. The only thing I can really say about this part of the trello, is that it teased legendary weapons.

Now, if you’ll remember. Legendary weapons in AA/AR were/are complete bullshit. Fortunately, it seems like legendary weapons won’t work like they did/do in those games. Which makes me happy, but also nervous about how they will be implemented. I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

Fighting styles

OH GOD NO IMPACT FIS-

In all seriousness though, I liked most of the fighting styles mentioned in this part of the new trello. Boxing, radius, and impact fist come back from AA. As well as the new addition of flash fist, which I am really excited for.

It looks like your fighting style will be able to incorporate different things depending on your build! I really like this idea as it gives a sense of uniqueness that was unapparent in WoM, or AA for that matter.

Sharks

Lets hope they don’t fly this time.

Whirlpools

Okay.

Rough seas

Okay.

Large waves

Okay.

Sealed chests

This is quite interesting. Locked chests that have extra loot, but you need to bring them back to town in order to unlock them? Sign me the fuck up!

Ghost ships

Spooky.

NPC/Legendary ships

So kinda like pirate ships and the rumbling caldera? Yeah okay.

Diving spots

I do really like this mechanic, but this got me wondering. What if we had some sort of scuba gear that let you retain air longer underwater?

Dark sea

This could be a really good mechanic to have. If we’re ever bored or looking for meaningful adventure (something that WoM lacks), then this is an excellent way to do this. Wonderful idea.

Magic energy sensing

I was wondering when this was gonna be added.

Treasure items

Eh.

In AA these were only good for selling. They didn’t really add too much to the game in my opinion, but perhaps with all of the crafting professions, these could be a truly wonderous mechanic.

Magic weapons

Yay!

Cargo

Arcane Tradelands

Professions

Not enough information currently for me to comment on this.

Potions

I was wondering if these were going to be added. Apparently they are. Cool.

Injuries

Okay.

Shipwrecks

Yay.

TL;DR: TGR looks good so far

5 Likes

Okay i finished it. We’re good.

yay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.