List of every magic (and their similarity)

My biggest project so far
If you think some information is wrong or entirely absent, fell free to tell me in replies.
Credits: @Dr.Archipelago for [List of all magics](List of all magic(51 magic)](https://)
@LittleShrekSheep for mutations chart

It’s not fully completed for now and I’ll complete it later (possibly will make diagram on it)

AA base:

Fire

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to cast fearsome flames, engulfing enemies in a roaring blaze
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Plasma, Flare, Ash, Magma, Steam, Sun, Phoenix
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Blaze, Scorch, Inferno, Promethean Flame Curse, Darkflame curse, Ethereal Flame Curse
Water

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to utilize water’s vast potential to rinse foes with tidal forces
  • AA base, AO base
    Mutations: Steam, Storm, Ice, Plant, Mud, Whirlpool, Cloud, Acid
    Similar/Possible derivation: Lunar(?), Snow, Wood
Lightning
  • Allows the user to create swift bolts of destructive lightning
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Plasma, Flash, Speed, Explosion, Storm, Cloud, Atomic
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Aether Lightning, Poison Lightning, Blaze, Electron
Wind

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to send turbulent gales that whirl enemies into tumultuous peril
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Ash, Speed, Sand, Ice, Gravity, Cloud
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Snow, Slash, Sound, Wave(?), Blizzard, Pressure
Earth

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to generate solid rock to crush enemies under giant boulders and earthen pillars
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Magma, Explosion, Sand, Metal, Plant, Mud, Shatter, Crystal
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Glass, Wood, Diamond
Light

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to overwhelm foes with shining light moving at incredible speeds and blinding anyone struck
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Flare, Flash, Speed, Crystal, Aether, Life, Equinox
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Glass, Lunar, Healing, Lazarus Curse(?), Ethereal Flame Curse
Shadow

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to evoke ominous dark shadows that drain color and grace from all that they touch
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Sacrifice, Death, Poison, Equinox
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Darkness, Death, Absorption Curse(?), Darkflame Curse

AO base:

Acid

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to form a caustic, reactive liquid that corrodes through enemies and leaves behind deadly puddles of bubbling acid
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Water
  • Similar/Possible Derivation: None
Ash

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to shroud the air with smoldering cinders, preserving the most ill-fated as ashen statues
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Fire, Wind
Crystal

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to materialize luminous crystals which embed themselves in adversaries and brilliantly shatter after high accumulation
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Earth, Light
Earth

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to generate solid rock to crush enemies under giant boulders and earthen pillars
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Magma, Explosion, Sand, Metal, Plant, Mud, Shatter, Crystal
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Glass, Wood, Diamond
Explosion

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to wreak havoc with massive explosions, leaving any remains singed from combustion
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Lightning, Earth
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Atomic
Fire

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to cast fearsome flames, engulfing enemies in a roaring blaze
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Plasma, Flare, Ash, Magma, Steam, Sun, Phoenix
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Blaze, Scorch, Inferno, Promethean Flame Curse, Darkflame curse, Ethereal Flame Curse
Glass

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to generate elegant ornaments of glass that can shatter into knife-like shards to keep danger at bay
  • AO base
  • Possibly derived from: Earth, Light
Ice

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to generate cold hard ice which can freeze and chill to the blood and bone
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Water, Wind
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Frostmetal, Blizzard
Light

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to overwhelm foes with shining light moving at incredible speeds and blinding anyone struck
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Flare, Flash, Speed, Crystal, Aether, Life, Equinox
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Glass, Lunar, Healing, Lazarus Curse(?), Ethereal Flame Curse
Lightning

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to create swift bolts of destructive lightning
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Plasma, Flash, Speed, Explosion, Storm, Cloud, Atomic
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Aether Lightning, Poison Lightning, Blaze, Electron
Magma

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to unleash eruptions of thick, molten rock that melts all in its path
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Fire, Earth
  • Similar/Possible derivation: None
Metal

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to form dense metals that demolish obstructions with their immense weight and force
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Earth
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Frostmetal
Plasma

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to cast fervent plasma that swiftly scorches rivals with coruscating heat
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Fire, Lightning
Poison

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to form noxious fumes which inflict chronic poisons and leave lethal clouds of gas
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Shadow
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Poison Lightning
Sand

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to create densely-packed sand that hits with treacherous force while hindering sight
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Wind, Earth
Shadow

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to evoke ominous dark shadows that drain color and grace from all that they touch
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Sacrifice, Death, Poison, Equinox
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Darkness, Death, Absorption Curse(?), Darkflame Curse
Snow

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to form wintry snow, snuffing out heat and sight under chilly layers
  • AO base
  • Possibly derived from: Water, Ice, Wind
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Blizzard
Water

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to utilize water’s vast potential to rinse foes with tidal forces
  • AA base, AO base
    Mutations: Steam, Storm, Ice, Plant, Mud, Whirlpool, Cloud, Acid
    Similar/Possible derivation: Lunar(?), Snow, Wood
Wind

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to send turbulent gales that whirl enemies into tumultuous peril
  • AA base, AO base
  • Mutations: Ash, Speed, Sand, Ice, Gravity, Cloud
  • Similar/Possible derivation: Snow, Slash, Sound, Wave(?), Blizzard, Pressure
Wood

This text will be hidden

• Allows the user to slam foes with solid wood and bark, becoming even stronger when exposed to heat
  • AA mutation, AO base
  • Mutation of: Water, Earth
1 Like

You went through a lot of work to do this, but unfortunately, the mutation chart only applies to Arcane Adventures and the 7 Seas, and some of the mutations have been retconned as well. Cloud, if I recall, isn’t a magic anymore.

Magic developed differently around the world, like the chart says, so something that’s considered a mutation in another part of the world is just a regular magic in another part.

And then that also brings into question whether there were only a few types of mortal magic to begin with, or was the entire world of magic (pun intended) opened up to mortals at once, and the basic magics like fire were just the most common for one reason or another?

IT IS SHUT UP
afkgaming_2021-08_79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3_copium

1 Like

Actually… (chad) AA Shadow literally gives you necrosis, while (virgin) AO Shadow only makes you colorblind…

I have no exact idea, but I think it’s possible that Wave might be somewhat related to Water? (IIRC, it was described as being blue-ish at some point, and with the name (and it’s described abilities), I think it makes sense for it to be related to Water, Shadow, and possibly Wind.)

Vetex my man, you had an interesting magic system cookin’ before you decided to take a dump into the oven.

Personally, I would have preferred fewer but more unique and varied magics. Someone look me in the eyes and tell me there’s a practical and meaningful difference between each of them.

very menacing
squeaky clean

I feel like the lack of different-feeling Magics in WoM and AO is because of shared customization and spell options, rather than more Magics than there are people with Scurvy in the world. I’ve said it before, but I’d kill for a couple of Lost/Ancient Spells that are unique to certain Magics.

2 Likes

I’ve seen firsthand that this opinion is definitely a hot take. That said, I strongly agree with it. The gameplan for most magics in combat—especially against NPCs— is basically the same. Jump up high, and use either blast, explosion or beam. Rinse and repeat usque ad mortem.

Doesn’t help that fighting style moves are literally just magic spells, but melee.

when was it said that cloud wasn’t a magic? there’s literally a cloud curse in AO and there’s a curse for every magical element

Yes, but not every curse has a magic. And I don’t know where it was said, but I remember that tech said it didn’t exist anymore.

But maybe it could be that nobody has ever used or discovered cloud magic.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.