Lore Doc Update Discussion

Image ig

5 Likes

I just want a way non magic users can live long (no spirit weapons don’t count)

Give us a super old fighting style user please vetex, I promise it’ll be cool, Argos is seen as a Chad for a reason

:eyes:

1 Like

This is vetex’s way of saying “I will probably retcon this 20 or so times before it’s discussed in-game”

3 Likes

i dont think this is chaos, its only semi sentient
dont think this is any god either, maybe a titan? or something else???

arcane aliens

Ngl, I think I’d be down. Lets get weird. Lets get silly. Lets get a little bit crazy.

Aight aight, rate the updated Mutations page.

sigh
re-reading time

Overall I kinda like this. Over time I’m sure I’ll find some part I’m not a fan of, but as of right now I do kinda like the way this works. It’s 100% preferable to magic being tied to spirit energy imo.

also does this mean that the dark sea shards are related to hectate fragments?
since like the old alchemist guy unlocked snow magic after doing some reasearch with them after you completed the quest

You’re onto something.

Maybe? Based on the dialogue iirc it seems more like being surrounded by so much magic energy awakened the magic he had dormant inside him rather than granting him magic.

Right, and there’s definitely more than a thousand Dark Sea Shards.

@BronzePegasus You usually have well thought out pieces, what do you think about this?

Does this at all mean that Iris had a parent who was a powerful mage? It seems like that’d make it more likely for her to be born with Flare.

Maybe? What was the reason the order kidnapped him again? I’m pretty sure it had to do with something about the location of the death curse, but why was Iris’ dad someone who might’ve known something? Or did they kidnap him for something else?

i wonder how many shards of hecate there are exactly, and if they can replenish, cause otherwise that means there can only ever be a certain amount of magics

You’re thinking of Morden.
The order kidnapped Morden, and they did it because he had a godly bloodline, it would seem, since that’s why they took the player.

FINALLY THE LORE DOC IS UPDATED, WE DON’T HAVE TO USE PATREON LEAKS AS SOURCES FOR SOME OF THIS INFO

• THANK GOD vetex fully retconned the whole “prometheus giving humanity magic instead of fire,” it works much better like this
  • also big lore drop that an unknown entity released prometheus and gave him that authority steal power and also weakened hecate, wonder if that’ll be what the order’s trying to unseal? or maybe it’s related to this unknown entity? I also wonder if that entity is an already existing greek myth or if it’ll be original
    • but this authority-stealing power sounds very similar to the absorption curse’s magic/curse-stealing power, iirc hades created that curse (could be outdated info), maybe he was inspired by it?
  • makes sense that hecate is more involved in the lore now given her being the god of magic. I’m confused over the “limiting the potential of magic through humans” part though. does that mean she was limiting the magic potential of humans and it’s just worded really weirdly? cause it sounds like she was using humans to limit magic potential, which doesn’t make sense

divine crashout, wonder why she chose to do that lmao

• alright I can get behind this method of creating new magics/mutations, I guess the hecate shards are like magic steroids lol
    • seems like hecate shards are different from hecate’s essence, wonder if finding a shard will be the new method of mutating? vetex did say he wanted to move away from the scrolls idea but wasn’t sure how
  • thank god magic isn’t tied to spirit energy anymore, also aura’s been defined in the lore doc now
  • ugh the “humans being able to learn any number of magics but it gets so hard that 3 is usually the limit” is such a weird retcon. we’d better see someone who has 4 magics otherwise it’s a completely useless retcon considering THE magic prodigy only learned 3 magics
  • not sure if I vibe with the lost magics/ancient magics only being passed down through bloodlines, I mean it makes sense but it’s also kind of lame
  • I do really like the fact that you don’t just forget the base magic you mutated, I guess you can switch back and forth?
  • we finally have something to call durza nuking the earth other than… durza’s nuke
  • and now it’s been fully confirmed that he did lose magics and curses from it, which explains how donar has the lightning curse (vetex said this too)
    • still not a fan of him being weaker though, makes even less sense that cursebeard and poseidon (plus ALL the other commanders) didn’t steamroll through durza’s undead army considering theos did so easily
    • imo it would’ve been way better if durza had just barely gotten back to his pre-fracture level by AA but whatever
10 Likes

Okay I know technically Ravenna was the one who kidnapped Iris’ dad. But since they’re so heavily tied with the order and the operation where he was kidnapped was headed by Argos under orders from Calvus for seemingly Order business so I kinda conflated the two.