Lore Doc Update Discussion

I don’t think that was mentioned at all, the closest I could find was the aforementioned studying if you’re descended from someone that has mutated

Quite funny how massive power boosts in the AU are always linked to finding some rare object made by/of the gods

turn Zeus into juice

Don’t give vetex any more ideas

“…no. I can’t keep running away. ‘For them.’ ‘For the others.’… they were all just… selfish excuses for my own cowardice. Noone is going to cry on my behalf.”

vs

??? what the fuck did I just trip into it just disappeared ???

Actually growing as a person and becoming stronger as a result Vs. Just finding some rare object on the ground

The themes of human willpower vs the gods isn’t something the story has touched on upon right? I think that’d be cool to see tbh

The unmatched power of the Gods

VS

The indomitable human spirit

This is the way gods were transforming into different creatures. Just like Prometheus in old lore transformed into an old monk giving magic to people.

FINALLY it isn’t just “oh he dodged it and instead it destroyed half the planet.” the Fracture is such a simple yet kinda badass title

i’m sorry to make a reference but this just reminds me a lot of Cursed Tools in JJK (& by extension HR users like Toji and Maki.) HR users also have little to no access to CE but are able to use techniques similar to it (ex. Skywalking)

would you rather walk the earth after death, ad infinitum, or just go boom

was Iris’ family related to Winterveil? i forget her dialogue in Frostmill & Cirrus but i think she just said they took her dad and that was it

i feel like this’ll be the biggest retconn we have in a while (the whole Hecate thing) (hopefully) and i feel like Vetex is sort of finalizing the lore and hopefully future retconns won’t be so heavy (:pray:)

The Arcane World if Acheron used Horizontal Slash on his blast:

True, fixes the whole issue of the lore implying humans didn’t receive magic until 100 AD, and Prometheus somehow avoiding his imprisonment in the Caucasus Mountains.

Yeah was going to say, this could potentially be either the prototype of perfected version of the Absorption Curse, seeing as the Absorption C. is classed an Experimental Curse.

true i can’t remember the amount of names i’ve given this so its nice to have an easy way to label it

I would have thought he’d be stronger, since his ownership of the lightning curse (and several other absorbed curses, like the Sand) occurred after the Fracture if i remember correctly. The only curse hes confirmed to have before the fracture is the Earth Curse

No, 90% sure she explicitly says her father was a blacksmith in Ravenna, he was likely taken for the same reason as the other people the Order wants, which is his “unique potential”. Plus with the new lore changes one would assume the Iris bloodline was powerful if Iris developed Flare so early on.

I mean Humans and Gods never really clashed, aside from Zeus’ side during the Magic(?) War. Prometheus was aligned with most of humanity.

Cursebeard only attacked Prometheus out of greed, and for whatever reason Poseidon helped him march on Olympus.

Sadly he got the lightning and explosion curses in 1050 (a year before the fracture) so he probably lost the latter and vetex confirmed in the patreon chat he lost the former. Yet another low blow to Sheep’s GOATcomic all so that little NERD donar has had the lightning curse for more than a month

Honestly imo if donar is to be the lightning guy (given his name basically being an alternate for thor) it would’ve been more interesting if he was theos-lite but with lightning magic. Basically all 3 minds being lightning and having the crazy lightning mutations - like electron, blaze, or whatever - to show his mastery of lightning magics

Okay everyone seems to have a different idea of why Iris’ dad was kidnapped so at this point I don’t even trust myself anymore, but I’m pretty sure that Calvus, under the Order’s influence, commanded the kidnapping of a large number of Ravenna citizens, which just so happened to include Iris’ father. The reason for it was that it was believed one of the citizens had information regarding the Death Curse. They killed all the people they questioned, even the ones who knew nothing.

4 Likes

Could also be that they used him as a blacksmith
Maybe he made the devourer that killed Beringer, and the order killed him after so he wouldn’t tell anyone

1 Like

kind of late to this but this wouldnt be possible. when you brew the dark sea shards into a potion it turns into an insanity potion. the dark sea only has insanity since chaos (insanity) is attracted to evil things, therefore proving that dark sea shards are just chaos bits

makes more sense, never brewed dark sea shards into a potion before

I honestly hate the fact that hectate shards are in the lore, it adds unnecessary lore explanations for something that should’ve stayed non-canon, similar to prometheus’ acrimony.

“People found hectate shards, and now they suddenly mutate their magics into lost magics”
“oh this guy found more than 1 hectate shard, he can use them all at once to mutate into an ancient magic”
the whole thing just feels so gamified, it takes me out of the immersion that has been built up previously

i kinda interpreted it as hecate shards teaching people how to mutate or somethin
and then mutating eventually developing into a thing humans can do on their own
not like theos went out lookin for hecate shards

1 Like