Lore questions thread

okay but will the MC preform when he has Morock right infront of him??
(he won’t)

It might not be the Order at all. Hear me out:

The Order is a very secretive group. They wouldnt really ask the AS to hunt MC, after all, they would want them alive. I mean, there could be higher ups in the AS that are with the Order, however…

According to Vetex, the Order is still finding out abt the MC’s group, Calvus by the time we meet him, did not find out of the escaped experimental subjects when we told him. So at this point, its actually unlikely for the Order to have sent that bounty. And as I said, a bounty from the AS is more on assassination rather than capture, and the Order would want MC alive.

There are two possible reasons for MC’s bounty, but either one would heavily involve the TIME this bounty is around.

If this dialogue is only around AFTER the Fort Talos break in and the King’s death, then we can easily say that this was just an added in detail that happens only after this events take place. Vetex really likes adding in small details that really hammers in the consquences of your actions, so there’s that. We do know that the AS immediately knew of Calvus’ death, so there’s that.

But if its there even before that…

What if its related to MC’s past?

According to Vetex, MC’s past, who they are and what they do is important. What if that bounty… was for something that MC did or who they were in the past?

Corsair Country will be the 5th Sea in the story. Thats where Coursair Country will likely be located at, and if the story of Nimbus Sea was any indication, AS might be strongly connected with the Corsair Pirates storyline, and thus would likely be in the Marauding Sea.

The Marauding Sea is the 5th Sea in the storyline out of 6, so Marauding Sea story is pretty much the beginning of the story’s end.

Since MC is targetted by the AS, that would undoubtly come up in the story once we get to the AS storyline… which is also part of the endgame… kind of perfect to put together the last pieces of MC’s past before heading to the final sea.

However, this would depend on WHEN that bounty is put forward, after the Ravenna storyline, or before…

3 Likes

How would this work if a player decides to join the Syndicate lol

I think this type of scenario can only work with the GN, because atleast the GN is mostly made up of people who genuinely want to do good, and the story could end with a reformed GN.

But if the Syndicate did this, it just kinda screws up the immersion for anybody in the Syndicate lol