Lore-wise, can people in War Sea still mutate ? ( and some other questions )

i mean, i have never heard anywhere that said people in War Sea cant mutate their magic, they just have no reasons ( or even no knowledge about it ) to do that since they’re magically more advance than Seven Seas, but can they still do that if they want to ?
or if someone from Seven Seas somehow gets to War Sea, can they acquire lost and ancient magics through scroll ?

also have War Sea or Seven Seas developed glasses for people with sht eye sight ?

1 Like
  1. I believe people from the War Seas can mutate. If they worked hard enough, they theoretically should be able to change their magic into something stronger although this could be a lot harder considering most of the base magics are mutations. (Like, what would plasma or magma even mutate into?)

2. If someone from the Seven seas came to the war seas then yeah, they would be able to get lost and ancient magics. All they would have to do is find and scroll and it basically tells them how to unlock the magic if I’m not mistaken.

Magic is more advanced in the war seas.
Mutations don’t exist because they aren’t necessary.

I don’t see why not.

It’s pretty weird now that I think about it

In the 7 Seas, there are only 7 Base Magics but they can potentially Mutate into other magics, especially some magics that are considered lost in AO. The mutations don’t require a scroll either.

In the War Seas, there are 20 Base Magics with the Original 7 Base Magics and 13 “Mutation” Magics. Since they’re more Magically Advanced, they don’t need to Mutate anything because it’s pretty much mutated due to their higher magic potential. The Lost “Mutations” are lost most likely due to them being uncommon enough to where no one gets born with it.

For 7 Seas Dudes using Scrolls, I mean sure I guess? I’d personally don’t want to use one because having 2 Mutations already, and a Scroll on top of that would be too much to handle

so, in your opinion, can people in War Sea still have the ability to mutate, but wont because they dont need to/ dont have knowledge about it’s existent or just doesnt have the ability to mutate at all ?

Probably not have the ability to mutate at all, because if they didn’t know about it, they would eventually find out

make sense ig, people in Seven Seas never knew about mutations’s existent til like one dude mutated his shadow into poison or something, so maybe people’s magic(s) in Seven Seas and War Sea are just different

i mean i just remember that magics can… “evolve differently in different places”, which is why War Sea’s Shadow cause color blind while Seven Seas’s cause wither, guess they’re just different due to War Sea being near Mount Olympus and stuffs

I guess they don’t have to mutate since they’re more magically advanced than the Seven Seas people

yes

yes

There has to have been at least 1 person to make mutations so he could make scrolls about them but normal methods of mutations must’ve been lost over time

They can’t mutate simply because the method is probably extinct by then and entirely irrelevant due to their advancements in magic

Yeah

Definitely. Especially by the time of WoM they should

good because or else one of my file is blind as a fcking mole canonically

7 seas people invented mutations much as how humanity invented magic circles or they would die by using magic. They did it because they needed it or just wanted to

Wars seas people didn’t need it as they kinda are already born with them

The scrolls are a bit difficult but ima try. Already started this thing from scratch 3 times now

The scrolls probably are parts of magics people mutated in the war seas as they saw that there were less and less people aware of mutations and less able to. Much like how many of us don’t have a particular tendon in our wrists and still have 3 muscles in our ears though we probably had much more. Mutations probably ceased to exist because war seas didn’t need them. 7 seas needed them because they were fighting with freaking gods and durza and all. Ik it’s not everyone but remember, durza made armies that frequently pillaged many places

And yeah people from the 7 seas can use scrolls and all but it would be rather weak to the mutated counterpart as the foundations (base magics that they evolve from) are missing. It can be used as a shortcut but meh

Also yeah what cryo said

One of my files are literally blind canonically

2 Likes

magic sense or just abyssal shriek then ?
also can magic sense sense it’s user surrounding or does it only allow us to sense other’s magical power ?

Magic Sensing

Magic Energy is in other things so probably that too

Still harder than just seeing your surroundings

1 Like

magic works differently in the war seas as opposed to the war seas
main reason being it’s closer to old mount olympus, aka the og source of magic

from what we can tell so far people are just naturally born with what people in the seven seas consider “mutations”, but have been normalized in the war seas

'tis probably the exact same as the situation in magius, just not as refined
i doubt mutation is possible in the war seas (at least not the usual concept of mutation, achieving rare mutations could theoretically be possible?) and i doubt we’ll see a lot or even any of em (considering how copiously rare that type of mutation is)

2 Likes

Maybe, since War Sea magic is more advanced than 7 Sea magic even though AA and AO end and start at the same year

I think rare mutations are not canon anymore, plus, Equinox is an ancient magic now.

we don’t actually know if it’s more advanced

we just know that it’s

different

but guessing by the slightly more complex (and no longer hand drawn) circles, it probably is somewhat more complex