Lost Magics have an official obtainment method, and it's bad news

that was back when 1k was the planned level cap

itll probably be rebalanced or some will be scrapped, its not worth arguing about until were closer

Vetex has manipulated tier requirements multiple times for balancing, you think he will keep it at 2000 forever when we don’t even know the true level cap?

Let’s get back to the point.
Only three magics can be learned by the player, right? And we’re getting all three base magics before we get lost magics. So if the Base Magic doesn’t get replaced when mutated, then the other magic slots go down with it, and you just have two nearly-identical magics.

I thought so too for a sec, we just gotta wait and see though

this dude just likes complaining lmao

7 Likes

Dude, do you have something intelligent to say?
Use your monkey-sized brain and listen, this isn’t gonna work!

Do you mean Base Magic as in Base Magics (what the magics we are using right now are) or your First Magic slot?

Well, your base magic IS your first magic slot, and mutations count as new magics.
They HAVE to be replaced, or it means that your other magics get destroyed for a clone of your first one.

lorewise i really like this change actually

but yeah it does run into the problem where it restricts people from getting the lost magic they want

3 Likes

Mages 2nd magic slots are Base Magics too right now, that’s why I’m confused

what is bro on about :sob:
when you mutate a magic, it gives a variant of the magic it mutates, not your first

like ive said, it should base the choices separately off both the first magic and the magic being replaced

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, and I don’t know what Vetex was thinking, but let me try to be clear here.

By a “clone” of your first magic, I mean an expansion of something that you already have, a lost magic based on your first magic.

The lore doc states that you CANNOT lose your first magic, not without the absorption curse stepping in. Mutating will allow you to use both your mutation and your base magic of choice.

The problem arises with where the other base magic slot you have goes when your first one is mutated. Assuming we have a mage, you already have all three magics unlocked by this point. What space does the mutation fit into? You’re all out of slots. You’d have to get rid of one, and in favor of something that’s similar to a magic you can already use.

It’s nonsensical. You already have 3 magics, and now you get another one. You’d HAVE to knock out an existing one, and you’d be eliminating variety.

Fire/Poison/Ice
Turns into
Fire/Fire mutation/Ice

Erm :nerd_face: :point_up: i have a solution! Allow 3 base magics and 2 lost/ancient magics for each base magic-9 magic options in ur hotbar with the extra 10th slot for weapons/miscellaneous tools! Problem solved :nod: !

Oh yeah I see what you mean, but that’s why fartman said you could choose.

Lets say you have fire, lightning, and earth as your 3 base magics. You could choose to go fire, phoenix, and flare or go fire, poison lightning, and shatter.

I doubt you’d only be able to mutate your first magic.

i hope everyone is guaranteed to unlock it through a storyline

3 Likes

Regardless, then you’d just be knocking out a different one.

The “you will never have more than 3 magics” has been how this would happen since the release of AO, the only issue I see is the fact that people will have a harder time just picking and choosing what mutations they want

1 Like

That’s the point, this is just going back to the WoM discussion of nobody using 5 magic options at once