Lost Magics have an official obtainment method, and it's bad news

Apparently we’re back to Mutations.

This is bad, I’ll be honest.
The purpose of Lost Magic Scrolls was to not restrict players from only getting magics related to their magic, but sadly that won’t be true anymore, because the mutation system restricts what you can get.

I’m not even sure how this is supposed to work…

First off, the lore doc now says
This means that your first magic slot (and most powerful slot) will still be stuck as a lowly base magic.
Since only three magics can ever be obtained by players, this means that your second and third magic, no matter your choice, will be replaced with a superior clone of your first one.
I see no possibility of how this would work outside of what I’ve stated here.

Let’s go over it again.

• Lore Doc says “You keep your original magic” and “You can only have three magics total (with a mage build).” It also says “Mutations will give a magic similar to the base magic”
    This means that you both
    • Cannot mutate your second magic
    • and must overwrite your lesser magic slots, thus creating less variety.

I just can’t see this working.

1 Like

i feel like if mutations are coming back we should be able to have 3 of the same magic like in aa

otherwise itd be impossible to get fire/flare/sun or something like that without using magic resets after mutating

6 Likes

I think that won’t be necessary.
All we need is for one single magic to not have two different exclusive mutations
Such as your example, Flare can be obtained through Light as well, so we just get Fire, then mutate fire into sun, then mutate light into flare.

Though it doesn’t line up with the rest of the post.

ok but i want poison/poison/poison

i get what you mean though yeah if its like the ar mutation chart

aa’s mutations had mutually exclusive magics though and i dont really see how ao wouldnt considering things like death and darkness being just shadowier shadow

True, I don’t see why this opportunity was ever removed from us.

you should have mutation choices based on both your base magic and the magic being replaced, with different choices for each

Vetex said that your base magic will be able to be upgraded, could be changed but I see this as a likely addition since Fighting Style will get a similar system

But I don’t want my stupid base magic to be my defining power! I want something cooler!

You do realize that there is a tier cap right? At a certain level all of your magics will reach the same tier and the only difference is the magic itself

The maximum tier is 2000, brah :pensive:
What’s that got to do with it?

just spend 20 hours in the dark C lookin for hecate essence

pretty sure it means, even if you mutate your 2nd magic, you still get to use the base magic you just mutated

Source? Vetex said that the level cap won’t be 1000 and we have no idea on what the true level cap will be until it arrives so max tiers are undecided until then.

max tier is t7… wth bro

2000 magic, not tier 2000, my bad.

I doubt it, this would mean we get 5-6 magics endgame for mages

k

thought vetex said max level would end with the story at like level 600

Well, he made tier names for up to 2000 magic, so I’m not sure what to tell you.

i would think it works kinda like imbuement, you can change if your magic is lost or the base, and all the spells are the same, but idk

yeah just in case

so lost magics are just mutations?