Lost magics vs Base magics

Why are you complaining that fan made magic ideas are op

because why not

flare has 30% synergy with fire and 25% vice versa, even if flare is significantly better fire will still be useful

wait if lost magics make base magics shit

do rare weapons work similar?

ngl rare weapons being better than common ones doesn’t feel as bad for some reason

It’s not just because they’re rarer. It’s something unlocked at a high level, and you’re comparing it to something unlocked at level one. All base magics are balanced between each other. All lost magics, something that is unlocked 600 points later than base magics, will be balanced between each other as well.

It’s literally the exact same scenario

3 Likes

slowly getting it but not really

does this imply wood has a mutation

mutations don’t exist in the war seas

(well idk a lost version)

(like flare is to fire)

(electron to lightning)

(aether to light)

(so on)

maybe

there’s healing and life ig if you want a naturey one

is sandal complaining about an incredibly rare and hard to find late game upgrade being better than the free basic magic everyone gets at the start?

Yeah

1 Like

:moyai:

What does that even fucking mean

2 Likes

They wouldn’t replace it because you can have three regular magics compared to the two lost. I might for example want lighting and instead chose electron. However just because I make the decision doesn’t make one of the three slots useless it just makes chosing a similar lost and regular redundant.

Lost magics will be stronger than base magics. Need to look no further than fighting styles. You can get a lost fighting style by literally upgrading your current one. They are suppose to be better. Lost spells and techniques are better than base ones too. That’s your incentive to go get them. While I don’t think a lost magic should make a base one completely obsolete I do think they should be more potent overall.

1 Like

wonder what wood’s lost form is gonna be :thinking:

yes, its a higher level item in a stat based rpg

this is like saying titanium armor is unbalanced because it makes iron armor obselete

man why am I so tilted about this in the first place I’m caring way too much about the meta in a game where pvp isn’t even the point

1 Like

I don’t see why people would want this, it seems really weird to change the customizability of magic and give them set-in spell types just because they’re rarer.

1 Like