Lost Spell Idea : Wire

Lost Spell Idea : Wire
effort 4.272727272727272 11 quality 4.307692307692307 13 reasonability 4.333333333333333 15

Lost Spell: Wire

The user would shoot a wire towards their cursor that would have different properties depending on the option selected.

The two options would be Attract and Engage

Attract:

When the wire makes contact with a target (either a player or a carriable object like a chest or explosive barrel) it would pull the target towards the user. Players caught in the wire could still use reflexes and mobility skills but they wouldn’t get any momentum. Pressing space when the wire is active would cancel it early but keep the target’s momentum.

Engage:

When the wire makes contact with a target (either a player or any solid surface like the ground, a wall, side of a ship etc.) it would pull the player towards the target. Pressing space when the wire is active would cancel it early but keep the user’s momentum.

OTHER DETAILS:

Attack Size would effect the wire’s maximum range. Attack Speed would affect how fast the wire travels as well as how fast the pull of Attract and Engage is.

Shape options would change what the wire looks like. The options would be wire (default) which is just a solid line, chain, hook, hand, snake, and lasso. These options would be purely cosmetic.

14 Likes

hell yeah snagharpoon in AO

2 Likes

magic grappling hook?
sign me up!

not really sure why mages would want to be close to their enemy though

Mages would most likely use the Engage option on walls and floors as a movement tool to reposition in fights. But Attract into Self Explosion, Attract into Snare and Attract into Surge are all reasonable combos

3 Likes

every game is improved via grappling hook.

4 Likes

An interesting dating technique but alright

not every spell needs to be tailored to mages, in this world we also have conjurers, paladins and warlock that can wield and experiment with magic. i think they would be pretty happy to have another gap closer…

3 Likes

hell yeah, grappling hook

1 Like

would make more sense this was given to weapon and strength users
(ODM gear in AO?)
(AO = AOT???)

1 Like

Warlock gaming

Warlock gaming

Warlock gaming

Warlock gaming

Warlock gaming

1 Like

alright that does make sense now that i think about it

1 Like

u see the vision
sneaky-plotting

Gimmee odm gear in Ao :speaking_head:

4 Likes

I think this would be better suited as a weapon skill. Otherwise I think it would be fine. Like I remember Vetex wanting to add some kind of Chain weapon so this skill would fit on that more than it does in magic.

1 Like

“That bastard… has to be alive still.”
kromeryeah

2 Likes

Eh I think it would fit as a lost spell since you’d have to option to customize it. Weapons could have something similar but it probably would only have one option unless you give the weapon two skills.

either I am rushing you. or I am pullin you into near combat range

magic+fstyle/weapon builds would eat this up

3 Likes

if it doesn’t trigger grab cooldown you could quite literally force a rush/snare with it lol