Macobre's Contest Entry : Paper Wasp

The Paper Wasp

Bestiary Entry

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜Œ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ข ๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฑ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ถ๐˜ด (๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜บ). ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ด.

๐˜‹๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฑ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ด, ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด.

As I walk through the forest on a late summer day, I hear birds chirping and the crunching of leaves beneath my feet. I look up to the trees, searching for birds to draw in my sketchbook.
I notice a few birds that I begin sketching, and I manage to sketch 3 birds.

โ€œI think this is enough birdwatching today, I should head home.โ€ I say as I begin to walk out of the forest to my cottage. While I am walking out of the forest I notice a particularly large wasp nest near my home. I run into the house to find a bat to hit it with. I donโ€™t want the nest to sting one of my kids, who are very young and not that bright. I slowly step towards the wasp nest preparing to swing. I slowly contemplate what would happen if I hit the nest.
โ€œMaybe I should call the exterminator instead?โ€ I think as I begin to walk toward my house.

I start to hear a buzzing sound and slowly turn around. I am frozen in fear. As if the wasps had saw me almost hit the nest with a bat, they have readied their army to sting me. I start running, but it is futile. The wasps are faster than me. They swarm me and prepare to sting.
I scream in pain as thousands of wasps begin to sting me over and over. They leave me on the ground dead, bleeding from papercut-like wounds and wasp stings.

The Paper Wasp

This took me a while to type, and I am not very good at writing but I decided to enter anyway. You donโ€™t know until you try right?

@liu

4 Likes

lmao, I love this in contrast to the more introspective entries. Awesome work!

iT is I, DRagOn, hEre to RAIn fIRe oN thIs pOst

In all seriousness though, one thing you should have given more thought and detail to was the fact that the wasps were elementals. If you take away the title, no one reading this would know the wasp are special. While you mentioned paper cuts at the end, it would only confuse the reader as to why he received paper cuts. I recommend, at the start of the second paragraph, when he turns around to face the wasp, include a small description of the wasp and how they relate to the paper element, maybe looking like deadly origami come to life or something. It would help improve the story in detail and allow the reader to better see what has the character frozen in fear.

Thanks for the tip.

?

I was gonna ask If I could revise but you never said you couldnโ€™t do it.

ye, go ahead!

Now I aint no skilled writer and I sure as hell think this is well made, but donโ€™t you think it would work better in past tense instead of present?

8/10 from me :nod:

Oh btw the bestiary entry is from here