Magic Weapon: Rune

Proposal

A new magic weapon called “Rune.”

Details/background on your proposal

This would be a relatively low level weapon (i.e. level 100-200). A rune would be a dark stone with a glowing symbol in the middle. The symbol will be the color of whatever magic the user is using. There would be different types of runes for each magic, but you can only use them if you have the same magic as the rune. This is an example for a fire rune.

This but less ugly ^

The rune would be a relatively powerful weapon for lvl ~150 wizards, but, considering that it wasn’t handmade, it would be very inefficient mana-wise. When used, it will create a powerful beam that deals high damage but burns through your mana very quickly. I am basically copying this suggestion:

I think Constant Beams would fit better as a skill for a weapon than as its own spell type.

Runes can be fished or found rarely in chests. You can find runes with magics other than your own, but you cannot use them (however, with trading, it will be fairly easy to find one of your own magic). If you find a rune of your magic type, it will automatically turn to the color of whatever variation you are using.

Reason to add/change

We can have the Constant Beam spell suggestion but without creating a new spell type. Also, naturally occurring magic weapons is interesting from a lore perspective.

Uh
Neat

thanks

rip Baguette, but I guess this kind of does make since

image image

I am very close to overtaking you >:)

1 Like

AAAAAAAAA pls dont D:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.