Magius in Worldbox but I let people claim and rule a territory (totally good idea trust)

we’re still surrounding the desert pretty much

just checked, they’re all the way over here

Yeah, but EVERYTHING surrounds the desert, maybe we could make an alliance called the desert ring alliance and then the other guys in our alliance could make their own, the alliances are allied to eachother so we are still allies, but it’s easier to

we’re still just an alliance of 5, it’s not too bad

I find it funny how every war attempt so far has just been stopped by excessive military force

True

Actually maybe we should ask them
@manyamongthem
@mongoose

Wanna get your own name to distinguish yourselves?

actually four since i think one person died

yea we can go to war with him then, he declared it first

There can only be one pointless war declarer, ME!

Magius News - Half a Decade in Review

Years 611 - 615

Year 611 - Factoids about Magius!

Year 611 - Factoids about Magius!

With nothing much having happened in this year following the discovery of the Ancient Savyra tomb and destruction of Alelean Farmland, we here at Magius News have decided to do a special on facts about the continent we all live on, Magius! (Mostly because we get paid by the hour to not sit around but that doesn’t matter) Without further ado, here are some historical facts about Magius you may not have heard of!

Fact #1: Magius used to be completely underwater!

Before Magius became a continent as it is today, it used to be completely underneath the sea! It rose from the sea about 600 years ago, in the events towards the end of the Cursebeard Wars, and was risen by a wizard who is remembered simply as the “Peacekeeper”. Alongside the continent being brought up, many sunken structures were raised to the surface alongside it, including sunken ships, ancient tombs, and even an entire sunken city! Today, many of these structures have been monumentalized by cultures, and the sunken city had been repurposed into the village Styx by the New Greeks.

Fact #2 - Magius used to be littered with sea curses!
When most cultures were first moving into Magius, many had found an abundance of curses across the continent, each within in special grave chambers that seemed dedicated to leaders of the ancient cultures which they originated from. Because of the existence of these curses in burial sites, many speculate that these cultures had managed to develop devourers for purposes such as burial rituals. The settlers who had found these curses usually ended up becoming the leaders of their culture territories after they had taken them from their original grave sites, and these powers have been passed on through generations today for kings, and are mainly the reason why most kings today are incapable of dying through aging!

Fact #3 - There used to be many more cultures than there are today!
While many people know about the cultures of today that had their territories taken over (such as the New Greeks, Savyrians and Savarians), many people have forgotten that there used to be many more in older times than there are today! Archaeologists of today estimate that there were nearly 30 different cultures which existed in Magius compared to the 13 there are today! Many of these cultures existed as settlers that came from other islands from the old sea, branched off from existing cultures at the time, or had become their own cultures by intermingling with other cultures at the time. Today, most of these cultures have been lost to time, but some traces of them do exist today in the form of alternative cultures. These Alternative cultures formed from having become so mixed with the cultures who conquered them that they’ve become nearly unrecognizable from their related culture today aside from a few changes.

Unfortunately, that is all the time we have today for facts about Magius. Thank you for reading!

This article has been brought to you by Magius News, and was written by Lisa Daggers and edited by Janice Ambrosia

Year 612 - Riots in West Magius - New Greeks fight back in Alvarian Territory!

Year 612 - Riots in West Magius - New Greeks fight back in Alvarian Territory!

Earlier in March of this year, riots broke out across the Western half of Alvarian territory in the regions previously under the New Greek Territories! These Riots occurred originally in New Athens by a rebel group of New Greeks which identified themselves as the New Athenians, of which managed to rally New Greek citizens against the Alvarian Authorities in the region. These riots quickly spread across the New Greek regions, which eventually caused the ports in the region to cease operation for the time, getting the attention of the larger Alvarian Army.

The riots happened for over three days across New Athens, New Mount Olympus and Styx namely, closing down most exports coming from Alvarian ports in the region. the Alvarian army managed to quell the riots in the late afternoon, arresting most of the members of the “New Athenians”; however, there is still a considerable amount of members from the group that have yet to be found, and a bounty has been placed on their leader who goes by as “Eris” (The members interrogated refused to call them by any registered name in the towns, nor disclosed any last names of this leader).

Most of the Rebels that were taken in for interrogation have yet to be released from their prison in Savera until their leader has been found.

This Edition of Magius News has been brought to you by Janice Ambrosia

Year 613 - Memorial Statues destroyed in Dustveil Village

Year 613 - Memorial Statues destroyed in Dustveil Village
Yesterday morning, another incident occurred of infrastructure being destroyed by an explosion seemingly out of random, similarly to the previous two incidents coming from the Alelean territory; however, this incident differs from the others in multiple ways.

Firstly, this incident took place in Dustveil village, part of the Skylian territory, which means that these aren’t targeted attacks against Alelean farmers as previously believed. Secondly, rather than being a targetted attack on Alelean farmland, the infrastructure that was destroyed was of a memorial statue erected of Savyrian Leader Lepy. Whether or not this attack had any political motivation behind it is unknown, but seeing as it seems linked towards the destroyed farmlands in Rockhollow and Bell Village, this potential motivation seems unlikely.

Lastly, there have been many more witness accounts this time around of a wizard in crimson red robes. These claims came from Savyrian and Skylian witnesses who were present near the area where the statue was exploded. While many people question the validity of these claims, the Skylian army has began to conduct a search for this potential convict, and the Alelean army has offered their support to search for this mysterious wizard as well. From what has been noticed, this person seems to be travelling towards the North as they’ve destroyed infrastructure, and thus the Skylian army has considered setting up in Strataville in preparation for another attack.

Magius News will continue to report these incidents as they come, and we urge people within the Northern region of Magius to be on the lookout for this rogue wizard before they cause further damage to the cultures.

This edition of Magius News has been brought to you by Senbon Zakura

Year 614 - Oasis grows spontaneously in the desert & Lightning strikes at sea!

Year 614 - Oasis grows spontaneously in the desert & Lightning strikes at sea!
WIP

Year 615 - Special Interview: Wally Archer, newest resident of the Ashen Volcano

Year 615 - Special Interview: Wally, newest resident of the Ashen Volcano
WIP

I am too tired (and lazy) to finish the rest of these articles today, so I tried doing my best with some world building for this version of Magius.

I tried to make it more interesting while also referencing some things in game with explanations such as the immortality trait coming from curses and the existence of alt cultures popping up randomly as I was first putting the cultures in the simulator.

I will finish the rest tomorrow morning

Alright now give me the gold curse

In wom it’s separate from the steel curse, so I can have it without lore issue!

I feel like this war isn’t going to work out considering how far away we are from each other but then I realize that I am both evil and greedy as well as ambitious, which are defining traits that seem more important THAN MY FUCKING INFERTILITY

Do you smite anyone asking you “how are the kids?” knowing full well you have none?

no, i open the conveniently placed trapdoor under them, causing them to call into a dark nondescript pit

Hey, how are the kids?

Looney tunes ass shit :sob:

Uhhh, we should keep the alliance, but all our kingdoms are big enough to crush almost any force on their own, also, I made a name for myself already, a doomyrian killed grunt. Eventually causing the end of the first war.

I’m not saying we stop being allies, i just can’t remember the names of everyone in the alliance at this point :sob: