Magma Elemental: The Dragon

Part of the Magic Elementals (Open Art Collab) series. If you’re a forum artist and wanna join hmu.

• Credit to @Rlka for the color palette

Process Video (may be loud):

This one is my least favorite :upside_down_face:. I’m ironically horrible at drawing scales for someone who does a lot of creature art. Don’t tell me it looks like it should be Fire, Magma’s more difficult to replicate than you realize (at least for me). fuck you if you say it does :upside_down_face:

21 Likes

Oh yeah this looks great! Tbh the scales look fine for me and the dragon looks “magma-ish” enough (though it could perhaps use a more uneven distribution of scales to resemble the floating rocks in magma?). Still tho, I can tell that this piece is filled with burning, molten passion :wink:

: D tyty. I definitely needed the reassurance about it tbh ‘cause I was feelin’ real bad about it

It should look like Fire

I’ll break the fingers you typed that with

Oh, by the way, I think I might do the Akh’lut tomorrow or something

:magma_magic::hungry:

1 Like

:magma_magic::hungry:

1 Like

:hot_face:

1 Like

:ice_cream:

1 Like

:ice_cream::hungry:
we should stop before we get banned

1 Like

:paper_magic_var1:
yeah I agree :eyes:

1 Like

Boi
I do love this art series

Ahhh I’m working on that :sweat_smile:

Uhh go ahead I guess

favourite one since i myself am a Magma main :magma_magic:

It sH0uLd 1ook 1ike 4ire

Wow this looks cool i love this one design feels unique compared to the other ones thats just me tho

Oh, sorry! I can wait for you to finish T_T

Y’all be typing that wrong but okay, I’m over it

Glad you like it! I’m not surprised this one feels different since the dragon is the light source while all the others were silhouettes