Make AO bosses easier than AA and prevent cheesing

Does magic dagger count as cheesing for Marua?

Well to be fair, AA’s AI was mad outdated and garbage. WoM’s AI is a lot better compared to AA’s AI

I guess not. But whenever I tried that, Marua would just force choke me to death and I wouldn’t be able to attack.

True. WoM’s bosses are far better than AA’s were. It is safe to assume that AO bosses will also be better.

For me the explosion attack was the one that really messed me up. But I guess it is semi predictable. The force choke is just impossible to evade unless you are with another dude.

Idk, Marua was legit the easiest boss and the force choke didn’t guaranteed kill you unless you’re like level 10 or something, you should’ve bought a weapon if it was really that hard for you.

Now if you’re talking about Ramses, he was hard unless you cheesed but it was mainly timed dodging and then only annoying part was the tornado.

This is what I said! Look at my suggestion of EASY MODE FOR STORYLINE

I don’t think multiple modes would be best. This is a multiplayer game after all. It would be confusing to fight a boss when one guy is in easy mode and another is in hard mode.

Tornado sucked I can agree on that.

Yeah, I should have thought it out. But that was my post. I hope it helps you out

skill issue tbh

That motherfucker was hard af

Difficulty obviously varied depending on the level, so the recommended level to fight a boss will obviously make it challenging compared to someone who is around 50 levels ahead. I do agree on the cheesing part though, however it’s inevitable that people will always try to find “shortcuts” around certain parts of a videogame to make life easier for them. At least the current AI isn’t at AR level, the AI there is really unbearable at times. They can easily glitch out, spam you with attacks that make it really hard to dodge and attack at the same time. Just look at Prometheus in the latest update.

1 Like

now what really got me with Ramses was both the tornado AND THE FACT THAT YOU HAD TO FIGHT THROUGH 3 GODDAM FLOORS OF UNDEAD JUST TO FUCKING REACH HIM. And then he does that stupid tornado thing, making you have to start all over.

I just skipped the undead by T jumping up the floors, the AI wasn’t very intelligent so it wasn’t very hard.

Just because vetex is making AO like AA doesn’t mean he’s going to turn it into a total clone. The bosses in Wom were extremely well designed, and I think vetex will make some nice clean bosses.

1 Like

ahem

skill issue tbh

tbh i think AAs bosses where just a product of their time imo WOMs npcs ai aren’t exactly intellegent sometimes but they’re leagues ahead of AA’s :nod:

I’d add one thing to the list, and that would be preventing the bosses from spamming attacks.

Bosses should punish you for getting hit, but still be preventable if you’re actually good. You should be able to win an entire boss fight without taking damage if you’re skiled.

Animation and visuals are extremely important to this as well if you want to make sure that they can effectively dodge. Give them proper indication on how, when, and where to dodge.

Also fuck impact fist fr.

2 Likes

You can’t implement easy mode easily in an MMORPG.

I wouldn’t say this boss is making it easier, rather more fair (if its literally just making bosses easier then fuck)