Marketplace & Clans

You may be wondering what happen to the #clans and #marketplace categories.

First off let me tell you the problem with these types of categories on the web forum. Both these categories are primarily one-off posts that are not really discussion or needing a thread of any kind. The best example of this is the Clan recruitment category. It often was just used to spam rather than posting something and not genuine discussion. I.e people posting to show up on the discord server.

With that being said we are going to trial run and move these categories over to discord. Discord now has 3 community forums that are clans, marketplace, and general.

note: in order to create/post in the forum you need to be greater than level 10 or is a patreon supporter

The marketplace channel is just as it was used here on the forum, it has the same tags pretty much.

The clans channel is used directly for clan discussion and recruitment. This way people can make multiple of the same post without hindering the web forum and seeing the exact same post in the advertising section on the discord channel.

Lastly, the general forum is more for general discussion with tags such as help, question, discussion and media.

As I said before this is a trial run so we will see how it goes. In the future we want suggestions and bug reports to also go on the discord forum but until they add sorting via reactions etc we will have to wait for that.

If you have any questions you can post it in this topic.

6 Likes

Finally some PEACE!

In my opinion this is a great decision. I’m tired of constantly seeing clan recruitment posts and people flexing their sunkens in marketplace. Thank you.

jesus christ yes

Tell me youre jealous without telling me
They arent even flexing 90% of the time. There was 1 post recently that i could see being a flex but thats it. All other posts were literally just offers so besides jealousy there should be no reason for you to feel flexed on. Not like thats even a good reason to get rid of the marketplace in the first place

Imo the marketplace should be kept. Theres really no reason not to have both options.

13 Likes

Are you gonna hide the clan-advertising channel on the discord then or is that staying despite not being able to forward posts anymore?

Besides if you and @Midnight hate the marketplace that much you could just mute the entire category :man_shrugging:
Problem fixed

nuc we need to remake our stores now

Wdym? On the discord?

Yes…

I didnt even notice that #shops was gone too bruh :skull::skull::skull:
Luckily i can pretty easily copy and paste my entire shop

My store got hidden i have to go count my stuff

totally not a plug

SAME. I got lucky, I literally recounted my stock today.

1 Like

Yeah removing marketplace now officially is a dumb idea. Unless #shops becomes its own category

1 Like

I agree. Besides, limiting it to level 10 in the discord means less trades.

6 Likes

People will make one off trading posts in shops if headless readds shops
i would say limit shops on forums to verified traders but that means adding more traders

2 Likes

Yeah thats true unless it is strictly moderated

Me who got to level 10 before this happened :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Should just bring back the entire marketplace to fix all of this
Its gonna be a mess in ao otherwise. Disc posts suck

and formatting too!