Marketplace

Out of curiosity do yall plan on using the Marketplace (use to be auction house just without bidding and only buying).

Ive been seeing people say that it would be useless because people would just trade items rather than sell but imo rare items will def be sold on it due to them being able to get higher prices for items they don’t want but they have, and in turn use that currency to get something they do want.

i.e when lost scrolls come out, the first scroll that gets put up for being sold could be priced so high by the seller that they basically are controlling the cost. Therefor there most likely will be someone willing to purchase said item.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

i am a store owner by life will be meaningless without this catagory

BUY FROM MY STORE

I’m not talking about the forum category I’m talking about the in game marketplace

this does not mean you should not buy from my store young consumer.

I think I would, sometimes you need hard cash instead of items. Especially if you have a lot of items that have a decent selling value but aren’t all that valuable in trading. I basically view the Auction House as a pretty convenient way to get galleons.

I doubt i’d use it for things with high trading value such sunkens, lost magic scrolls etc since in those cases it would probably be better to try and gain something even more valuable.

I’m not entirely sure how the feature will work in AO though, so I guess I’ll wait to find out

1 Like

I see no reason not to, it lets you potentially get a slight bit more value out of semi-rare or less rare items and is more convenient/easy than trading them.
as well as the fact that cash isn’t worthless anymore, so selling off extra rare items is a decent way of obtaining cash when you need it.
I can see it working for rarer items but not as well for semi rare or less rare items, though i could be wrong.

This is just my opinion, but yeah I do think there’s a valid use for the marketplace. Although the reasons are based on the assumptions that:

1:
  1. The marketplace’s items are not limited to the single server where the auctioneer placed the item on the marketplace, since at that point forum trades and shops would be way more effective.
2:
  1. There will be some kind of navigation system to search through the marketplace so you won’t have to scroll through all the auctions you’re not interested in.
3:
  1. The boss items compensation won’t be high enough to instantly hyperinflate the economy from day 1.

The marketplace is useful for players who are trying to find specific items in an efficient manner, such as buying a powerful wizard item instead of finding a player through the player list who has a spare one and then haggling for the price or making a trade post through the forums (or going to a forum shop) and waiting for a response.

As for whether galleons can be traded for rare items, I cautiously think it’s a good possibility. The two main factors that killed the crown’s trading value won’t be an issue to the galleon: Hyperinflation and the wallet cap. Additionally, since AO will have more money sinks as galleons will be needed for more things (ship upgrades, ship repairs, upgrading weapons now that they’re actually useful [and by that merit, stocking up on ammo], fighting styles [although that’s very minor], etc), the demand for galleons will likely increase and for those looking for a large galleon infusion, selling rares for the exact amount of galleons they need would be a pretty logical decision.

I do find it extremely unlikely that galleons will be used in auctions for very high tier items, or will simply be posted for a price that’s unfeasibly high.

I admit that I’m biased on this though, since as a trader, I think this appeals more to me than the average player so I’m more likely to support the implementation of the marketplace.

1 Like

people underestimate the value of galleons so yea

i think the option to put it up as a bid would also be nice though

Wait, no more bidding? Why?

yknow what? I kinda like the idea of controlling the market prices. I wanna speedrun getting a ton of scrolls and selling them for a bunch

Bidding was removed as it brings a whole bunch of more complexity into the situation. We have discussed that on first marketplace release it will not include bidding, potentially later on we will add the feature. But we first want to see how the marketplace will be first.

2 Likes

if it helps me get sound magic faster this is a pretty easy yes

1 Like

lost/ancient magics wont be added for like a year or something lmao.

Then I guess I have a year to save up galleons.

1 Like

until I take it all >:)

Then I guess I’ll do it the hard way and get sound magic through dark seas exploration

nothing and no one will stop me from obtaining sound magic.

1 Like

I will for sure be the first person to obtain the sound scroll so I can put it up on the marketplace for 999,999,999,999 galleons so you can see it, but never have it.

1 Like

huhuhuhuh…

you aren’t just headless, you’re brainless too…

YOU CANNOT STOP ME!!!

I will make it so your banned whenever you enter the dark sea

I’ll report you for admin abuse