Marketplace

is it admin abuse really

warmwater someone with 130 IQ would know that banning someone from a feature of the game for no actual legitimately good reason is admin abuse

like in what universe is banning someone from getting a lost magic through completely normal means not admin abuse

Joke:

oh I thought you were mr honesty tho

I doubt it’ll be used for something as valuable as magic scrolls but for lower tier items definitely

The marketplace will make trading almost entirely obsolete (if galleons don’t become inflated)

There would be little to no reason to trade anymore, even for huge items tbh. Finding trades is a pain in the ass, gotta find someone who has exactly what you want but is also looking for what you have. With a market you put up the items you have, wait for the people that want them to buy, then use your newly acquired riches to buy whatever you want. Having everything in 1 place + cost currency is huge, basically Amazon but in AO :cat::+1:

Fr

i love auction house
its just like in hypixel skyblock

Honestly still seems like a cool feature to me.

cryonical makes his standing in the marketplace by selling only the finest ice blocks in town fresh from frostmill (NO bubbles and NO impurities)

On my grind fr. :frhigh::moneybag:

1 Like

and most importantly NO REFUNDS

if it melts that’s on the customer

1 Like

depends how much stuff you can sell at once or the cooldown or whatever
either way ill probably always have at least one thing on sale cuz why not, already got way too much junk in my inventory

But it just wont though, it’s likely gonna make galleons actually sought after but it’s not like every player is going to have a large sum of galleons, some might have rare items but no galleons, and some might simply prefer not to trade certain items for galleons/use galleons to buy certain items. Imo I think for middle-tier items they’re mostly just gonna be sold at the marketplace yeah but for higher tier stuff (lost magics, lost fighting styles, ancient stuff, etc) I doubt they’d be often sold for galleons unless for some reason someone needs a gigantic amount of galleons for something OR they’re an ultra rich player who already has several and wants to sell a few for galleons…at least that’s my take on it.

Tl;dr Yeah it’s more accessible and more convenient than trading for most items but that doesn’t mean there’s no reason for players to trade anymore

1 Like

Idk. I’m comparing it to other games (roblox and non roblox) with marketplaces. There are items in these games significantly rarer than ancient stuff will likely ever be, and despite that they still sell on the market perfectly fine.

I guess people can play without building up their galleons but idk why you would. The beauty of currency is that it’s simultaneously everything at once.

If you have an ancient scroll and are dead set on only trading it you’d be limited to receiving items of equal value, would have to do endless downgrading if you ever wanted specific low/mid tier items.
Now let’s say you put it on the market and it sells for galleons. Not only can you now buy items of equal value, making the result identical to trading, but also buy items of lesser value + have galleons for other ingame uses. Perhaps even even save them up to buy a better scroll

2 Likes

not only do you have the ability for buying items of lesser value, you also would have leftover galleons, meaning you can have leftover value, which is a lot harder to have with trading

1 Like

like i said people are severely underestimating galleons

people still gonna be crying over boss drop compensation on release

as long as he doesn’t make it like 100 galleons per drop it’ll be great

it would be funny to give them the seasonal treatment where they increase with value over time, since the halloween seasonals are worth a fuckton of crowns/galleons now