Max Tier Charging

Yes! I hate the fact that combat is dictated by standing still and slightly moving to the left!

Lets get some mobility in here!!!

Get noobed on
24 votes

2 Likes

The purpose of freezing in place is to be vulnerable to attacks while charging. If it was largely decreased walkspeed (while in combat or just always) or a lost spell, then yeah this could be decent.

Ofcourse the point is to be vulnerable, but it results in people hiding behind trees and shit to charge, and NPCs dont even need to charge so it makes fighting NPCs harder.

1 Like

If they hide behind trees you can use placed explosions or high destruction magics, and NPCs aren’t the same as players so them not having to charge is fine. Also on islands like IN AO you won’t get very far with hiding behind trees as in forests like in WoM.

Nice of you to give it a chance

Placed explosions won’t work nearly as well if you can move while charging at a higher tier.

That alone should make this worth thinking about!

Does this not benefit my point?

You don’t see the big picture here, friend, no one in their right mind would ever stop and stand still in the middle of combat…
As a result it empowers a cheap fighting strategy of running, charging a few seconds, and running again, if we could at least charge-walk when we become better capable of handling our magic the strategies would evolve over time.

I made my own take on this, I think it could be a viable option

Yeah I said that hiding behind objects is not only counterable but going to be much harder to even do as AO develops, I don’t consider this nearly a big enough obstacle to deal with. If we have walking while charging that’s literally just the same thing except scrap the trees you can just do it out in the open. That’s why if your movement speed were slowed I feel like this would be much better.

I don’t believe the best solution to countering a cheap strategy is making another strategy with the same amount, if not, more effectiveness for people to use instead, especially when the original strategy is nowhere near as big enough of a deal to warrant a countermeasure.

But as I said prior, if this slows you down or still allows for movement limitation (unless it’s a lost spell), then yeah add it idc.

Actually I take some of what I said back, with the following exceptions:

• ONLY walking, no running (this might be already included but “walking” can mean more than just the state of walking ingame so I need to clarify this)

• Agility stat is ignored while doing unless agility isn’t viable enough at max level to make it a viable strategy to add some agility to your build and exploit this

Depends on how much this would affect repositioning as well but since I can’t imagine how much just walking without running would grant advantages in terms of repositioning I’ll hand some charitability towards this and say that yeah, as long as this exception is considered I endorse this.

imagine flexing about this

small reminder if it gets added it should at least reduce walkspeed

Honestly the stand still charge thing is kinda useless, and i like this idea. In my opinion you should be able to passively recharge mana like elemental battlegrounds.

meanwhile actually charging could make you charge faster…meh whatever, raise your power? idk

If agility is ignored then what the heck is the point of agility as a stat?
Its only use outside of travel is to either outrun players or prevent players from outrunning you.
I don’t think you should be able to charge your mana and go in full sprint, but it shouldn’t be a snail crawl either since that would serve literally no purpose.

To go faster when not charging

If you can build up enough agility which will certainly be possible at 1k you might as well just be sprinting

At the same time, while you’re over here being a fast man at level 1000, your opponent has a blast attack the size of an island and moving at regular/slightly above average sprint speed isn’t going to dodge that for ya.

Considering how insane the game is seems to want to get at the end game, combat is going to have to allow for more mobility or it just won’t work.

2 Likes

The size of an island you say?

1 Like

I guess it sepends on how he magic size stat affects it, because you’re definitely overplayong the blast size at max level right now by several magnitudes but yeah that’s somethong to consider. Also since moving while charging was never something even considered in the past I would say I’m comfortable with it being slow