Maybe good idea to buff plasma? the new abilities of the scorched status effect :plasma_magic_var1:

Maybe good idea to buff plasma? the new abilities of the scorched status effect :plasma_magic_var1:
effort 4.0 2 quality 4.0 2 reasonability 2.333333333333333 3

introduction

plasma magic.

currently a bit of a tragedy.

plasma is small, deals mediocre damage, can’t be used underwater, and is honestly outclassed by fire in pretty much every way, even in the synergy department I’d say fire is the wiser choice, which sucks cuz plasma has lots of potential, afterall it is an ex-mutation from the AA days.

this small little buff should hopefully grant plasma a unique identity and advantage over its competition while not being meta dominating.

the idea

Plasma’s scorched status acts as a sabotage stat that can noticeably weaken your opponent’s stats.

I have 3 possibilities for this:

-scorched ONLY affects the size scaling of attacks, if this was the case, then the attack size of scorched opponents would be smaller than normal.

-scorched will affect your opponents highest stat, this means that, for example, warmwater runs a high agility set, scorched will cause him to move slower than usual. or billybobgamer69 runs a high defense set, he’ll notice the scorched status has essentially done the opposite of a resistance aura, and has made his HP directly lower.

-finally, the wildcard possibility, make fire also gain this buff except fire and plasma both affect 1 stat.

fire could weaken damage (inspired by pokemon’s burned status)
plasma would probably only affect size, as mentioned before.

Reasons for adding this

again, plasma faces massive competition from fire magic, and quite frankly it’s worse in almost every department. this buff would allow plasma to have some kind of leverage over fire, allowing both of them to have their usages.

honestly this idea is a bit rough but I feel like if it were implemented it could work decently well

makes plasma magic sorta feel like a 2 in 1, since these sound like effects potions would do.

edit: why do my suggestions always do so bad bruh :skull:

er… no thanks, for a few reasons

you can’t really say “for a few reasons” and not actually provide any constructive feedback that’s just annoying

1. This is the wrong way to buff something, this is literally just overpowered.
  2. It just doesn’t make sense… why would fire of all things cut down one of your enemies highest stats? If anything, shouldn’t that be water that makes people slower or some kind of liquid-type magic?

there are a few more reasons I can think of but these are the main ones

I did that so I could get your attention to the topic

honestly plasma nerfing size temporarily isn’t OP at all since the scorched status is so short worst case, the size nerf doesn’t even have to be that large.

burning things is bad, simple.

again, why plasma? This doesn’t make any sense. Does plasma have some sort of “mass-deducting” abilities? This should go to Shadow if anything, since it seems to make sense for it to sap magic energy.

It still just doesn’t make any sense and me personally, and it just seems kind of random for a wildcard buff.

1 Like

plasma scorches up magic energy, doesnt seem impossible.

i feel like you’re missing the point of this idea

this is literally just broken :skull:

Hey, I hate resistance aura users too, but this really just doesn’t make sense. I’d scrap this one entirely. Like this is actually just overpowered, no if ands or buts.

1 Like

…??

yeah I am

It’s being buffed, and I feel this is too complex for a regular magic.

I don’t know how your skin scorching due to superheated plasma would reduce a highest stat. If it were some type of “curse” magic, then it’d make more sense, but for Plasma, a fast, damage-oriented, BASE magic?

1 Like

plasma scorches up magic energy… okay, if we’re going with that, why don’t you make it so that scorched REMOVES some of the enemies magic energy instead of literally just crippling them

gg

that’s what 'm saying

microscopic buff lol

well, I guess not every one of my ideas can be winners, I’ll just forget I made this.

okay so plasma should eat away at magic energy? that sounds awfully a lot like what wave is planned to do tho

Yeah, which is why this entire idea just doesn’t work, at least in my opinion. I can’t imagine this lasting long in the game before getting removed, if it were ever even considered to be added.

also, you’re the one who said “scorches up your energy”, not me

I meant that as in like, when your attack is already casted :man_facepalming:

like plasma eating away at an earth attack might make it smaller since they’re clashing energies from 2 different people

but whatever this idea sucks anyways and I sorta regret making it