Midas, The First Gilded Dragon - Legends and Fairy Tails of the War Seas

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look at this. It was many hours of hard work to get this story down on paper. I decided to write it as I edited, making each page only after the last was done as part of my daily writing practice. I have never done a story here before, as I mostly keep my writing to myself.

So what is this? Essentially, I wanted to frame a few Greek legends through the lens of the Arcane universe. If I turn this into a series, which I doubt I will, I would probably go down the list, alternating between making something like this for other peoples characters/clans and classical greek mythos. For me, it was between Midas and Damocles. I know it’s kinda sloppy as of right now, as I wrote it on the spot instead of in a document first, but impromptu writing is one of the things I like to do for my daily practices.

Thank you again, for your time.

[Crimson]

23 Likes

Dude awesome, great job!

1 Like

Thank you. That makes all those hours of work feel worth it.

1 Like

Also i came back to say great pfp i love Confinement

1 Like

First person to actually recognize this so far thanks haha.

2 Likes

pirates

1 Like

There is, at least, one mention of pirates in the story.

yargh

1 Like

holy shit this is impressive awesome stuff

1 Like

Thanks a ton it took a bitta work and I might make it a series.

The formatting and story is so good, great work

1 Like

Absolutely amazing, I love how you formatted this as one of the books you would find in AO and instead of it being just text here on the forum. You even went the extra mile of making it look old, as well as adding illustrations. Just beautiful

Oh wow didn’t think this would get so much attention thank you guys seriously.

Yeah, I also pasted a picture of the real life equivilant island that Midas is from. Can you figure out which one is from: Hint: it’s part of the Aegan Archipelago in Greece. Not an accurate place Midas is from, but still an island in greece that I wanted to add for a neat detail.

Let me guess, Minos?

It’s actually an island around Oinousses

This is actually a pretty interesting, both story n the format of how you wrote this

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Time to find the Midas curse

This is really good, man. You did amazing and should definitely try to continue the series.