Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I was talking about the form shadow took, which was defined by the fact that the seven sea’s shadow applies withering (more dmg)

(also im 99% sure vetex stated that AA Shadow was different from WoM’s shadow, so it wouldn’t be all that surprising if something like this would occur across sea clusters)

This isn’t new though. I can’t give you an explanation.

No offense, but what are you on about…?

If your argument is “but thats where magic originated!!!”, firstly that’s false until proven that the ruins of Athens lays in the War Seas.

Secondly, I have no idea where you get the idea War Sea magic is more advanced. It’s not. If this was the case, then War Sea Shadow, Plasma and Fire wouldn’t hit like wet paper when compared to their Seven Seas variants. (AA Plasma and Fire can actually last a few seconds in water, instead of being erased on contact with it)

(In lore) Both shadows are magic energy formed into a shadowy form. (In game) Vetex definitely wouldn’t have known back with AA what shadow would be like now.

the war seas is where mount olympus once stood
olympus is in greece
you know what else is in greece? that’s right, Athens

clearly war seas magic is more advanced, because they have more complex magic circles and they consider way more magics to be “base” magics

also you’re comparing an undead completely magic saturated super savant to just some fellow who is a descendant of a god and has been experimented on a little bit

i’m pretty sure this is also part of the reason why the magic circles are different, they’re much more complex in the wars compared to the seven seas, signifying the advancement in magic they have

this is literally just game balancing and new mechanics being added or changed slightly

Irrelevant argument, the Seven Seas had cultures ranging from Ptolemaic Egypt (Savaria) to Arabs (Sabura) to Japan (Sixth Sea). Your argument of “its in proximity…!!” makes no sense, especially when positioning in Arcane is incoherent. (There are also Japanese and Norse Cultures in the War Seas so…?)

They may be base, but again they are weaker than their Seven Seas counterparts, quality over quantity. The Seven Seas has far better known magic users, along with holding the strongest known people in Arcane.

No, I was comparing basic NPCs such as pirates, bounty targets etc. All have the ability to use these base magics but are all weak when in comparison to the Seven Seas.

tldr: seven seas = chad, war seas = soyboy

Would not trust that source, especially after the new Lore Revisions. Please maybe read before you try correct me :+1:

woah, people can move places! what a foreign concept!

Please stop waffling half the differences are probably because it’s a game

Yeah, and Athens can move the fuck next to china according to vetex, your argument being?

1 Like

No, I think I’ll keep glazing my kings and queens residing in the Seven Seas, thank you :slight_smile:

Okay then

that is vetex himself, unless he has more recently stated that the war seas are not more magically advanced, his statement holds true

no, it can’t
please, educate yourself on regular human behaviour (you really need that)

people have moved across the world since they first emerged

Again, I would not trust that source seeing as Vetex is known to change certain aspects of the lore, contradicting himself from time to time. Though I do understand that this would be valid prior to the Lore doc change :person_shrugging:

According to Vetex (recent information) people rarely if never move across the dark sea (especially in mass)

another war seas soy boy silenced, glory to my blue eyed king theos :fire::punch:

OH BOY

it’s almost as if there was a major gap of time between the gift of magic and the battle between birdboy and ourple guy
like about 1050 years

I think people would take a little less than 1050 YEARS to get from places like japan to greece

Before you ask for the source, hop on the game then read the description of the far reaches (IN GAME LORE, SO 100% CANON)

none of that is what i was arguing, if you have proof that what i was arguing has changed then please show me

dawg this is just game balancing and a result of our reference points being different between games, of course they won’t seem as strong when everything else is also strong

maybe because we actually know the story of the seven seas