Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Considering the dark sea, which is currently almost purely magic energy, and drives you insane, along with all the mutations, this is probably correct.

Wait, so maybe Spirit Energy is the force that allows Magic Energy to take shape of a particular element, which is why those with high Spirit Energy manfiest Magic Circles. Think of the Spirit Energy creating the blueprint and the Magic Energy giving it form…

Or like a conduit for electricity? I guess thats also an alright explanation.

Thats also a really good one too. :thinking:

If I remember correctly, how chaos is described by Rackham’s journal at Akursius is also how Apocalypse Bringer is described, teal and black colored

Yeah, I assumed that was just them kinda seeing a flash of what happened to the people of Winterveil (as karma) back then, but you can see the Chaos effect through Insanity and you see its also teal.

And I realised there might be a connection as Apocalypse Bringer is a rather odd name for a natural element, and I realised the name seems to reflect how Chaos brings destruction (like an “Apocalypse Bringer”, get it?)

Is Spirit Energy raised by going through hell and back or smth? (figuratively, not literally).

Warren said our body was “ready” to awaken (probably since we had nearly enough spirit energy to do so, Poseidon probably gave us the final push) and that was after we fought the leaders of an entire sea and then some.

Enzior awakened his magic, therefore raised his spirit energy enough just by surviving his damned best in the Dark Sea.

Would also explain why the trello considered Apocalypse Bringer unstable, since there is no spirit energy to mold and properly form it

Im not sure, but I think its actually rare. According to Vetex, most Mages already learn that they could use Magic since childhood, and that unlocking Magic later on in lare is actually a rare occurance.

I think those people who unlock it late are people who just so happened to be marginally lower than the required amount of Spirit Energy, and just the tiniest raise causes them to awaken Magic all of a sudden. Thats one idea I got

Very likely, considering how the dark sea is basically on a whole other level compared to the War Seas.

Well, I figure going to the Dark Sea and surviving against all odds and essentially crippling the chain of command of an entire kingdom by killing its leaders are both rare enough occurrences to say that it’s probably correlated through going through some real shit.

Some people (like Argos) probably were born with such little spirit energy that no matter what they did they couldn’t gain magic. Can’t tell if this is the rule or exception though, as Argos was somehow such a chad he could literally be an edge case or the rule of how much one needs to train to get magic.

There are a few questions though:

1. Is spirit energy quantity the new requirement for using magic? What about having your first magic unlocked?
    What happened to that?

2. How does one raises its spirit energy level?

Hope one day we will be given answers.

You mean Sunrage bandits?

I wonder if spirit energy levels are genetic or something similar. Because Cirrus Island has like 0 magic users with the only one being very recent and the first one in presumably decades, and they get like no outside genes entering the gene pool. Could there just be little spirit energy in their gene pool and Arish was mutation of some sort?

This also works into my crackpot theory of Skyhall being separated from the entirety of the War Seas so the Order has clean genetic testing pool.

If arish manages to create an entire generation of magic users in cirrus that would be cool

1. Yes. Spirit energy is what unlocks that first magic now. Any older information was retconned.
  2. Unknown, probably related through going through extreme experiences.

That actually makes sense.
Magic circles being spirit energy based would explain how you are making magic energy take the form of a natural element when chaos has nothing to do with that

By the way…There’s ghosts that mention Ion Cross.
Womp womp

There is so much hate on Durza being renamed to Acheron but I kinda like it

SAME!!!
acherons js cooler

I also don’t mind it, but it just takes a bit to get used to it

Years and we still dont know if durza remained a kid after getting his curse or he eventually grew to adult hood