Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Lets be real with ourselves. When we discovered Arcane Adventures, most of us immideatly thought of Avatar the last airbender. Right?
In Legend of Kora metal bending and such are more common, just like explosion and crystal which previously were rare mutations.

But how would fans of avatar react that in new show, element bending is now tied to scrolls?

“Oh hey, you are blood bender! Want to switch to life bending or something like air bending?”

2 Likes

i mean i guess thats what awakenings, dodge reflexes, sensing, reinforcing your first magic, and stuff like whatever ‘arcane apotheosis’ is are for

i suppose directly channeling it from the soul would be chaotic and reduce lifespan but channeling it from a magic circle would be orderly (creation) and increase it because it would unlock latent spirit energy

i’ll be real i didnt even know what avatar is until like one or two years ago

no, i thought it was just magic

1 Like

Yeah, thats true, but mutations should add to that stuff. In AO, mutations happened sort of as a 4th and 5th Awakening, and they seemed to have happened during key points in the story in each Sea.

Awakening currently happens only in the first and second sea in AO. Literally at the beginning of the entire story, in 1/3 of the story. It wouldnt have the same payoff as mutations would, and that leaves the rest of the seas with only learning the new magics or skills.

Theres Arcane Apotheosis, but guessing from the name, its basically at the very end. Still leaving gaps for basically the middle of the story. Reinforcing magic, dodges dont have that same impact. They arent exactly representantive of “evolution” here.

cough cough
soul casting
cough cough

same i just thought “woo elemental magic, me like”

yea, so the movement to being able to learn magics directly instead of being stuck with what your base’s mutations are sounded like a reasonable advancement

The fact that Donar, the eldest son of Wotan uses the lightning curse, implies they got their curses extremely recently, since Durza has been using the lightning curse until about 1 year ago

Unless Vet retconned it

it is in the lore document right now I think
so it should be cannon

Nah, the lore doc still says Acheron(Durza) had thr lightning curse

Not sure how reliable is AR wiki, but yeah, even they say it was Durza’s

no matter what they tell you… i hate those monkeys…

You have 2 ways of racism in AO:

• Magic Racism
    • You hate those who dont have magic

• Spirit Racism
    • You hate those who dont have spirit weapon / cant control spirit weapon

Actualy, make it 4 cause you can do same things in reverse. “Your kind polluted our planet” and “Your kind was doing genocide on poor commoners”

paladins:

discussion on arcane racism, we truly have peaked
(i hate those dirty sea-blooded creatures, cerulean supremacy…)

Katanas aren’t meant to be used with one hand, so of course if you’re dual-wielding them they’re probably gonna be slow or inefficient.

also, if vetex decides to work more on story, he’ll also have to give us gliders :>:>:>
finally

Already realised