Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

mistral preburning, has really nice music

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always seen it as a situation like the Dragonborn, where over a very short period of time you gain a very large amount of power and knowledge, all the while navigating a land beset by strife and war(sounds familiar, eh?).

Shouts are a good comparison, here. Even in the lore of Skyrim and the main storyline itself, your ability to learn and master shouts so quickly is entirely because you are Dovahkiin, a doombound Demigod of Nordic legend.

I think itā€™s the same for AOā€™s MC, especially considering our Legacy heritage. We are inherently better at learning and growing with Magic, Fighting Styles and everything else in a way that is entirely unique to us, as a many-times-diluted Demigod.

I am totally in agreement with you that scrolls in AO are most definitely a product born of gameplay and not lore, but I think the explanation of our Godly potential being what allows us to learn from scrolls so quickly and so effectively makes sense, in a way.

this is what the Fenrir looks like from above

1 Like

did you get wind mageā€™d up

yes,
also i think it has an inside cargo storage in the front, like the ship that JTN made

1 Like

Can confirm, own one irl. The blade is probably the main factor, but the handle and hilt are also a little hefty.

Dual Katanas look cool, but learning how to handle those would be a trainwreck.

2 Likes

I really hope thereā€™s not another boss inside the ship, where thereā€™s no room for mobility.

trying to phase through the barrier like you can with the skybox to no avail, i think its just a solid invisible block

That does just look like JTNs model for Agnisā€™ massive ship

Beeg boat.

Imagine adding one of these to those new player fleets that Vetex shadow dropped like a nuke on our heads.

Oh, and not to forget it completely debases the timeline because:

Minds and mutation were literally the only reason Durza entered hiding. Without Minds and Mutations, Durza very easily has no limitations to how many magics he can get, and the quality of the magics he gets. Firstly, because its confirmed he can use scrolls since he was able to obtain Undead Revival magic so ermā€¦

Durza has no reason to lose lol :skull:

It would still take time to
1, develop new magics which I doubt anybody could do easily, hence why all the known rarer and harder to learn magic types are called lost and ancient.
2, learn magics. You canā€™t just pick up a language in seconds, I assume thereā€™s a lot of intricacies that go into learning a new type of magic, hence why you need either an Awakening, or a long time studying scrolls or being taught by a very good teacher.

Uhm, ackshually, you donā€™t need an awakening in-lore to learn more Magic! :nerd_face: :point_up:

Unlike the mutations of old, the new Magic system very much implies that every magic was present during the time Durza was alive. (especially becauses heā€™s post Fall of Olympus

hes immortal and has centuries to do this lol, so he would realistically be 1000x stronger than Mutations-lore Durza

Durzaā€™s exclusive flaw that led to his downfall was the fact he had no minds, and could not increase his power further than what he stole from others, without this he quite literally is unstoppable lol (also without minds ig the reason for being magicless is different?)

I wonder if he could actually awaken magic since he was still considered completely magicless

That just translates over to not enough spirit energy.

Heā€™s immortal and has centuries to absorb magicā€¦ in both universes. Yeah this doesnā€™t change as far as Iā€™m aware - he doesnā€™t have enough spirit energy to be born a mage or to raise himself to a mage like Enizor did later in life.

He clearly had enough spirit energy to learn Undead Revival magic so :person_shrugging:

Uhm, ackshually, we can assume that to learn a magic without studying and practicing for ages, we might need to have some sort of godly revelation such as an awakening. :nerd_face: :point_up:

Yeah so uhh what was Durzaā€™s power again?

That could have been a gift from hades, like poseidon kinda gifting us an awakening