Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

haha yeah which idiot would ask that

V2 with a few more things I came up with. I might ask Vet about enchantments because we know very little about them.

why is alchemy under man made magic? alchemists use unaligned magic circles

According to vetex, the enchanting magic was man made. Someone talks about it in the big sameria city whose name I donā€™t want to try and spell right now

i was thinking of this. it seems weird for alchemy to be man made since iirc man made magics drain the userā€™s vitality and is a fusion of magics. i also checked the npc and its not very specific of what enchanting is, just that it has no element

that is a way to make a magic, but i donā€™t see why that would be the only way

Whereā€™s this from?

i think it was about the aether lightning monk dying shortly after creating the magic

pretty sure its uncanon

the ā€œaether lightning monkā€ is just vetex oc lol

Im ma be real with youā€¦Things were better when we had soul casting slowly evolving into circle casting. Cause it left a room for evolution of power system, cause if someone didā€™nt know WOMā€™s magic circles litteraly say ā€œgrant me powerā€, thus they are probably stronger.
And dont forget, aura manipulation was a thing for a long time, no spirit energy needed. Circles are created with aura/energy, just like magicless people can make their weapon reach more and harden their bodyā€¦Aura!

Spirit energy just feels so off man.

4 Likes

I entirely agree, the new modern magic system brought in by WoM/AO completely makes no sense, atleast when its being used with lore brought from AA.

Firstly, scrolls make NO sense. Are you really telling me even when magic was made, mfs really needed to read how to use magic? Mutations made 1000% more sense since it was based on personal growth, whereas scrolls are just ā€œschlawgā€¦ we need to find the writingsā€¦ ignore any requirement just readā€¦ā€ (I suppose illiteracy is the biggest weakness of any magic user???)

And yeah, spirit energy just feels forced, and now Arcaneā€™s power system just feelsā€¦ clustered and overwhelmed

(i probably rambled a bit too much ngl)

4 Likes

i assume you would need to follow instructions, like training instructions, on the scroll

foolishness SkittleSnakes, now 2623 Vetex fanboys will come and say that you do nothing but complains

yeah but like, doesnt that mean its theoretically possible for you to learn it without any scroll?

like, if your dad a lost magic user feel like he should be able to teach you

Minds made sense cause they were tied to you as a person. All the stuff with first mind being personality, 2nd dreams, 3rd desires.
Sure, it kinda limited you, but scrollsā€¦And that you can technically have infinite amount of magics, if you were taught it?
It kinda makes you wonder if mages can live up to 1000 years, why areā€™nt 10 magic users are common?

if he remembers the instructions and teaches you through those instructions yeah, maybe iris was really good at following directions and her dad taught her what to do for flare

calvus situation

I mean, heā€™s somewhat young, isā€™nt he? Maybe like in his 30s.
Lets say you master magic in 50 years, even 75.
1000/75 = 13.3, you can theoreticaly master 13 magics if you dedicated your life to magic. Alas Friren

Hell, 1 magic per centuary already means 9 magics, not 3

yeah having long lifespan might me people more lazy tbh

Tbh, I do agree that from a narrative standpoint, mutations are much better as they easily represent character growth and their evolution a lot better than from just magic scrolls. The magic scrolls thing seem just a way to make AOā€™s system of lost magic work in tandem with the lore, but overall, they only seem to work better on a gameplay perspective.

Imā€¦ not really sure on how you can depict the main character studying nee magic in the books or something, at the same time when a lot of things are going on at once like wars, etc. And it doesnt feel as personal as making Magic being part of your personality and mutation being a form of your own personal growth.

If Vetex changes it back to mutations in the book series, I wouldnt be surprised lol. The only reason its magic scrolls is because of gameplay, and it shouldnt matter tok much to a medium which is purely based on storh. You shouldnt sacrifice a certain aspect of the story just to fit its game version.

For Spirit Energy, we did have a discussion of how it works. Tbh, I didnt agree with how the old lore stated that the Magic Circle invention suddenly made people live longer, it didnt make sense. But with the addition of Spirit Energy, it makes me think Spirit Energy is responsible for Magic Circle Casting, probably in the old lore too before the Soul Casting got retconned.

5 Likes