Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

i mean if asize is actually considered bad there, then nerfing it would make it worse

idk how to explain it more in depth or how to balance it, im using knowledge from TF2 balancing vids which applies here in pretty much the same way because of a simular playerbase spread

2 Likes

I like the Scrolls, but I feel like vet needs to establish that there are indeed limits because some people don’t get that.

Scrolls replacing mutations throughout lore is kinda funny with Theos’ Phoenix magic story

Chad mutating out of sheer emotional grief from not being able to safe your wife despite how strong you are
vs
Virgin studying a scroll like some kind of nerd :nerd_face:

Jokes aside I could see Theos desperately studying the Phoenix magic scroll to cure his wife but not being in the right mindset to unlock it, then her death acts as the catalyst for truly understanding the magic and unlocking it

1 Like

if you voted for scrolls, consider yourself an opp
(its on sight beef…)

As a system mutations was alright but it doesn’t really make sense with the level of magic we see people using. Scrolls are flawed, but that’s because vet still needs to specify a lot about them.

scrolls enjoyer spotted :nauseated_face:

do I need to say more

yes you do, mud magic is goated and is the peak of arcane magic usage

hope off my goat, mud was removed because it was too peak to be implented in its full glory

Oh of course forgive me.

I am a mud magic enjoyer myself, but you simply are not good enough to wield it

2 Likes

scrolls 100%, mutations have a glaring issue where you have to play through a majority of the game using a magic you don’t like or even hate just to get the one you do like, scrolls give a lot more freedom and are a logical advancement for magic in a place so far ahead like the war seas

1 Like

It really depends on the game/lore perspective. I chose mutations cause that benefits the story more in terms of character arcs/growth. Gameplay-wise, yeah, the scrolls fit more.

I guess for now, the magic scrolls system might be kept. But I wouldnt be surprised if Vetex discards it later when he starts writing his book series to fit the storytelling better lol. He shouldnt restrict the lore of an entire series focused solely on storytelling just to fit the game counterpart

1 Like

And yeah, I guess the scrolls doesnt seem to fit much because its difficult to visualise how it even works. We dont know how they work for the characters, so yeah

Vetex could and probably should play scrolls into character development. They should be a challenge to overcome and learn from. A mage might spend sixty years studying his father’s old Lunar Magic scroll to no avail, just to manage to get the hang of it at a key moment.

Do you guys remember when magics were unique, and not litteraly just balanaced into functioning somewhat same-y

Perhaps somebody might try to learn a lost magic from some skilled mentor, just to realise it’s not for them and to try and develop their other skills. There’s so many opportunities but I fear vet might not take them.