Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

simply make it so you can’t put rare skills on boss weapons

(literally almost every warlord uses lance though, since it’s just objectively better rn)

this guy is my favourite balancecord clown

Bawancecewrd, pwease stahp… Yrou’e herting us moar and moar.

(I’m sorry.(I’m not.))

Balance Patches:

• Rmovd th lttr _, as it was too common in sntncs.
  • Buffd th lttr W, as it wasn’t usd nough in words.

Balanc Patchs:

• Rmovd th lttr _, as it was too common in sntncs.
  • Buffd th lttr W, as it Wasn’t usd nough in Words.

fixd it!

(balanceocrd)

I really wanted tempest on triasta… the prophecy would’ve been fulfilled

I can’t wait to be walking around a wilderness island minding my own business before getting hit by this

we should just make all weapons held with right hand fr

the cited reason is that strength weapons would give warlords attack tiers which were comparable to or better than warriors on top of having imbues (hybrids are meant to have lower tiers to compensate for imbues)

from the look of things, the nerf is to bring the requirement from 50/50 of the base weapon requirement to 75/75 of the base requirement (so if a skill normally takes 100, on a strength weapon it would take 75 in strength and weapons for 150 total)

Probably not since that would make it to hard for vitality users, especially oracles, to progress early in the game.

So it becomes 50% greater investment then
Hopefully we still get cj but I guess we have to see

you don’t get crushing judgement with the 50% increase, it would take 330 points (level cap 165)

:broken_heart:
Ouch, my only hope is for vetex to ignore this change completely while making spirit weapons

actually wait no i’m stupid you might get crushing judgement based on the requirement on the skill note itself

either way I believe the increased investment requirement should be added to the game to avoid the aforementioned tiers + imbues

1 Like

maybe never mind again?
i just checked the level on argos weapons, them being level 80 means that the base required level to use them would be 120
that’d be problematic for a different reason

I think it means that the 75-75 split happens to the overall requirement of
160+whatever the base requirement is

not according to the example given (crushing judgement taking 165/165 which is the 330 estimate I gave earlier)

the way you describe it would be the best overall, and should only apply for skills grafted on from other weapons imo

either that or just directly nerf the tiers on strength weapons
you still get access to the skills but the tiers wouldn’t be nearly as problematic

Isn’t the way I described only for skills grafted from one weapon to another?
165/165 could happen if the base requirement of crushing judgement was like 60, so it becomes 160+60=220 and the split occurs
So yea depends on the base requirement