Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Found this on the trello.

New models for up to fifteen hairs, can’t say I like the sound of that. New textures might be fine but I don’t like the idea of my file or npcs looking radically different because of this.
Couldn’t they just add the new hairs on instead of replacing old ones?

Not to mention the pain of finding the new ones on the catalog for the log

2 Likes

It’s a real good thing Hair #83 wasn’t touched, otherwise I would of had to call all the religious deities that I have on speed dial to enact The Rapture. Vetex should consider himself lucky for now.

1 Like

I wonder if one of the 4 new hairstyles is the one that general julian has, as right now his hairstyle is unobtainable

many of the later numbered hairs use meshes from ugc items, and roblox released a feature recently where ugc creators can dmca any game that uses their meshes and get it taken down pretty much instantly

so yeah they couldnt have unfortunately, this is why items like the skull necklace and calvus cape got remodeled and why a lot of items were invisible for some time, and also why a lot of the nimbus sea items have reused meshes from older items

this also means almost all hair past the first 20 or so will get remodeled at some point as well

that’s really unfortunate
I don’t want my npcs looking all strange with remodeled hairs
and of course finding the new models will be difficult

i think 61 at least is just a regular roblox-made hair though, i wonder why it was changed

let me check if its on cateans document, i have it in my google docs history somewhere

edit: ugc by jazzyx3 Silk Black Hair - Roblox

pretty sure it’s a ugc one

damn, guess not then, hopefully it still works for my files

luckily for me my main file uses my aa hair combo so im immune from this change

gonna suck for everyone else though, all i can say is that hopefully the new models are similar or better, especially ones replacing some of the uglier hairs to make them easier to adapt files that got their drip ruined by it

I really hope we get the ability to recustomize NPCs soon due to the hair changes.
I can always go to the tailor but my deckhands and rivals can’t

Forcefully drag your rival to a barber

Imagine getting a free fade after some guy who keeps hunting you down beats your ass again :sob:

2 Likes

feature where your rival and you make up for 4 hours and go get haircuts together

the SHUCKEL SHACK RAAAAAAAAAAH

“Oy! Let go! You bloody blighter, I oughta-!”
“You’ve been out in the wilderness for 2 months, so you’re going into town, taking a bath and trimming that rat’s nest you call hair. Then, and only then, I’ll kick your ass.”

2 Likes

LES GO NEW STAT RESET
YAHOOOO
(complete sentence :D!)

Hey is anyone here a suggestor?
If so, please suggest weapon crafting with metals and gems and stuff that would be cool

not sure about potion but pretty sure jewels already do that